This listing is about Raiys in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
We are excited to announce that we are actively recruiting for a Software Engineer to join our talented cross functional team.
You will work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. You will join a talented, cross-functional team who are responsible for building performant and great looking applications across both web and mobile platforms. You will receive dedicated support to help you to progress within your role, working on a range of assorted products.
You will be supported in fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Building and integrating user-facing elements with REST apis
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementing security and data protection
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions
- Maintaining code and writing unit tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
Raiys is a fast-growing software and app developer in the health and wellbeing space. We are proud to have built the most comprehensive wellbeing app on the market, used by individuals to improve their lives in eight areas of wellbeing and performance; motivation, resilience, perspective, wellbeing, confidence, connection, leadership and productivity. We combine proprietary digital tools with the expertise from a team of mental health and wellbeing professionals to empower users to take control of their future.
Our platform is primarily purchased by employers whereby, at our latest count, the businesses that use our app collectively employ over 750,000 people, including some of the largest employers in the country. We’re about to launch an exciting new product, focusing on mental health and performance and we need your help to achieve our goal of reaching a million people.
- Contributing to the “how” part of the development to ensure that we meet the intended goals (the what) and benefits they brings (the why)
- Implementing the delivery of new features to the Team’s Applications
- Working closely with a talented cross functional team, ensuring the whole team is aligned around our shared goals
- Driving the continuous improvement, both in your teams’ ways of working and your technology stack
- Providing technical knowledge, insight and leadership and driving innovation
- Ensuring products are efficient and scalable for years to come
- Maintaining code and writing unit tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
Essential skills for this role include:
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio
- Experience with REST API integration
Desirable skills for this role include:
- Experience or knowledge of Angular JS
- Knowledge of typescript
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience of unit testing
- Experience of C# .NET (preferably .NET Core)
- Passionate about software development… it is not just your career; it is your hobby. You are constantly striving to learn new things and improve
- Follow industry news, regularly tinker with modern technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
- Work well within a team environment and enjoy working in the office with your colleagues
Your work/life balance is important to us… We offer flexible work hours and remote working tailored to your needs. It will be nice to meet up every once and while, but you can work wherever you want (just make sure you have good internet access)!
The Good Stuff
Below is a list of benefits and rewards of being part of the Raiys team:
- Industry-leading Health Scheme – Opticians, Dental, Physio & more!
- Excellent Pension Plan – 8% auto-enrolment and up to 5% matched contribution
- 24/7 Doctor helpline – book a telephone or video appointment with a GP
- Employee Assistance Program – 24/7 telephone counselling helpline
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days annual leave (includes bank holidays), pro-rata for part-time hours
- Top training and development opportunities
- Best-in-class tech gear
- Friday = self-development time
- Lots of company social events
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A