Website Raytheon Technologies
This listing is about Raytheon Technologies in Harlow, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Role: Contracts Specialist
Location: Harlow (Hybrid working) or remote option available with business travel to Harlow
Role of Commercial
Commercial owns the contractual relationship with our customers, and helps to develop customer engagement strategy, leading negotiations, and influencing innovative solutions. Every day is different from the next, be it dealing with internal governance and financial performance, or meeting customer queries, bids and demands across the globe. Commercial are the interface between the business and customer, without such arrangement no contractual commitments or changes could be implemented.
Summary Of Role
Working under the direction of the Commercial Manager this role is an opportunity to join Raytheon’s Mission Critical Solutions business area at a time of both development of new technologies and fast-turnaround sales opportunities of our key products.
The role will be based within a complex commercial environment comprising multiple contracting methodologies on a number of differing programme types with a varied and International customer base. The work is interesting and challenging and the incumbent will be exposed to the full spectrum of customer and supplier interaction in addition to internal stakeholder management.
- Respond to simple RFQs for standard equipment and services.
- Support to the Commercial team in preparation of responses to more complex Requests for Proposal/ ITT/ PQQs etc
- Implement and manage standard agreements eg NDA, template contracts
- With supervision provide support to Programme and Business Development teams throughout the prospecting and bidding process.
- Support the business finance function to manage the invoicing and cash collection process.
- Participation in cross-functional improvement activities.
- Completion of all commercial functional requirements from cradle-to-grave on supply contracts.
- Understanding of export controls and other compliance requirements including GDPR, Government classifications etc.
- Work with the business teams to meet central targets and local challenges.
- Understand the policy requirements for the gate process and provide input to gate packs.
- An ability to respond to tasks with tenacity and flexibility, whilst working cross functionally in a multi-disciplinary team
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and collaborate with others
- An eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Understanding of Contract Management and Procurement principles.
- Self-motivation and independent working.
- A willingness and ability to travel occasionally within the UK.
- Degree ideally from Business, Aerospace, Law, Supply Chain or similar subject
- Awareness of Data Protection and other relevant commercial and contract legislation
- Attendance at customer and supplier meetings in support of supervisor.
- Familiarity with business process management tools (IPDS, SAP or similar) and the competitive bidding process
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Company: Raytheon Technologies
Job Location: Harlow, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org