Website Reach Volunteering
This listing is about Reach Volunteering in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Steps Charity Worldwide are looking for a Treasurer. This person will play a vital part within a dynamic team working with international organisations to support families and individuals impacted by childhood lower limb conditions.
What will you be doing?
You will lead the Board’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled and invested in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements. You will have exceptional communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to ensure decisions are actioned in a timely manner. As a result of your time and expertise, Steps can rest assured that they have in place good governance and financial processes; and ensure all financial resources are utilised for the benefit of its cause.
This is a volunteer role and will require 0-5 hours of your time every month, although all reasonable expenses are reimbursed. The role will provide you with a great deal of experience and satisfaction, and the opportunity to develop your skills and utilise your expertise and knowledge. People from all backgrounds are welcomed, as Steps aspires to have a diverse board that reflects their service users and communities.
Steps require a Treasurer to
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Chair regular Finance & Business (FAB) Committee meetings every 6 weeks
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reportseturns, accounts and audit.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for
- A qualified Accountant/Treasurer – chartered level preferred
- Ideally with some experience of working in the charities sector – not essential
- Ideally an Associate Member of Corporate Trustees – but not essential
- Auditing and risk management skills and experience
- Good understanding of Charity SORP
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
What difference will you make?
You will play a fundamental role in ensuring that the financial income and budgets are met to achieve the charitable objectives of Steps in promoting the relief for people with abnormalities of the lower limbs. You will be joining a passionate and dedicated team as we move into a more strategic future set to help more families and individuals impacted by their conditions across the globe.
What’s in it for the volunteer?
You have the opportunity to
- make a positive impact for people impacted by childhood lower limb conditions both here in the UK and across the globe
- be part of a dynamic group working to achieve change for those who have limited access to medical pathways and essential treatment
- meet people and build relationships with trustees, staff and other volunteers
- build on your governance, leadership and strategy skills
- increase your employability
We will reimburse reasonable expenses too.
- Children / families
- Health and well being / research and care
- International development
- Physical disabilities
- Voluntary sector support
- Young people
STEPS Charity Worldwide is the leading charity offering information and support services for anyone impacted by a lower limb conditions. We work hard on providing a comprehensive list of…
Company: Reach Volunteering
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org