Website Falkland Islands Government
This job listing is about Falkland Islands Government in Stanley, Falkland Islands 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
The Falkland Islands Government are seeking a Regulatory Legal Advisor to review and provide legal expertise advising on routine as well as complex or novel legal issues/questions.
The post-holder will provide support, guidance and expert advice to the ‘Sea Lion’ project team and Mineral Resources department, including sourcing and managing additional specialist external legal advice on diverse subject matter to expedite the development of key hydrocarbons policy and legislation for the Government and provide the required inputs for due diligence work.
You will carry out appropriate due diligence on new oil industry proposals to ensure that any legal or liability risks posed by any proposed activity are satisfactory for FIG.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified to practice as solicitor or barrister in the United Kingdom, Ireland or in a Commonwealth Country
- Able to demonstrate a solid track record of providing effective regulatory legal advice, preferably in the oil and gas sector and in developing high quality policies on a range of legal specialisms.
- Organised, articulate, persuasive and possess strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to establish excellent working relationships with colleagues, senior government leaders, elected officials, industry representatives and external partners.
- Comfortable working within a dedicated team with a high degree of autonomy and have the tact, sensitivity and judgement to manage sensitive confidential information.
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8,000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
Salary package includes:
- Eligibility for a 25% taxable gratuity
- Flights package for you and any accompanying dependents
- 41 days paid leave (includes Public and Government Holidays)
- Relocation allowance to assist with moving costs.
- Government housing for rent and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, we want to hear from you. This role closes on the 11th December so don’t miss out, apply today!
Public Sector; Local Government; Finance; Senior Management; Admin; Leadership; Commercial Development; Legal; Falkland Islands.
Company: Falkland Islands Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stanley, Falkland Islands
Application Deadline: N/A