Investment & Project Manager in Renew Capital Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Website Renew Capital
This job listing is about Renew Capital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
WHO IS RENEW CAPITAL?
At Renew Capital, we see opportunities in Africa where others, too often, only notice the problems. We invest, rather than provide handouts, by finding promising businesses, connecting them to a global network of investors and growing them into world-class companies. We do this because we believe that many growing businesses, together, create the engine that lifts entire nations out of poverty. Our ambition is to become the best middle market investment firm in Africa, investing in at least 27 countries — half of the continent — by 2027. We’re looking to hire those who embody our values and get excited about our vision for a prosperous Africa with growing businesses, thriving nations and a legacy of investment.
Since establishing the Renew Capital presence in Africa in 2012, we have been pioneering an innovative blended-finance model that partners with the development community and focuses on investing in high-potential small and medium enterprises (SMEs). This blended-finance model allows us to invest in smaller deals that are often overlooked by larger investors but are too big for microfinance. We then help these companies build disciplined, gender-smart management systems and teams and grow them into market leading companies. As a result of our investment work to date, Renew Capital has mobilized millions of dollars into businesses in Africa, and our network of investors, the Renew Capital Angels, has become an active investor network with more than 180 members.
We are inviting passionate and qualified candidates to apply to join our team as an investment and project manager based remotely in Tanzania. In candidates, we look for professionals with a trailblazing attribute who align with our organizational values of intelligence, integrity, beauty and grit. We welcome challenges and face them head-on each and every day! What we do is not easy, but it is rewarding and forces us to grow and innovate. As such, we hire individuals who are committed to their work, take pride in what they do and are relentless in advancing projects forward in a systematic manner. The people that flourish at Renew Capital are mission-driven; they see the big picture and the long-term result of their work, and they sincerely wish to make a lasting economic impact on the continent of Africa. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
This role will assist in establishing Renew Capital’s presence in Tanzania by engaging stakeholders, growing our investment pipeline, performing research and other consulting project based work. As our first hire in Tanzania, you will also assist with certain administrative and operational tasks such as banking, working on incorporating our Tanzanian entity, and other general operational tasks that require presence on the ground.
Successful candidates will have a strong background in business and/or investment work, and/or project management. Successful candidates will be comfortable working in frontier markets, learning and working with diverse cultures, adaptive and emotionally intelligent, patient and an excellent communicator. Successful candidates will also be strong trainers and researchers and capable of handling data analysis and a variety of business and finance work. S/he will receive comprehensive onboarding and critical support from Renew Capital’s leadership team and will be involved in a high-impact role creating significant social and financial impact on the continent.
- Sourcing potential companies in Tanzania for Renew Capital’s investment pipeline
- Maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Supporting the consulting team in the execution of key development projects by achieving results and meticulously delivering on all project milestones
- Participating in the development and ongoing maintenance of a collaborative company-wide M&E and reporting system that effectively captures the social impact of the firm, particularly in the area of gender equality
- Helping to develop and facilitate Renew Capital’s core gender-smart programs by training, coaching and supporting SMEs based in Tanzania
- Working with the project lead to help prepare project reports for clients that demonstrate RENEW’s social impact results in a compelling and beautiful manner
- Reporting to and collaborating with Renew Capital’s management team on a regular basis to continuously improve SOPs and efficiency in delivering project results
- Assist with in-country administrative and operational work as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or development is preferred
- 6+ years experience in SME investing, project management and/or finance
- A keen eye for detail and sharp analytical skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines and achieve or exceed required results in collaboration with teams
- Proficiency in writing reports in English
- Strong project management skills – certification in project management is a plus
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Participation in company retirement plan
- Medical insurance coverage
- Paid leave
About Renew Capital:
We invite you to learn more about Renew Capital by visiting our website: www.renewcapital.com.
Renew Capital invites qualified applicants to fill out the application form on our website here.
Renew Capital is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Further, Renew Capital supports gender-based pay equity and is committed to compensating women and men equally, for equal work.
Company: Renew Capital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: N/A