Research Scientist, Immunology/Translational Research in ALK Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
This job listing is about ALK in Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Would you like to make an impact on improving the quality of life of millions suffering from allergic diseases?
ALK is looking for a talented, passionate Research Scientist to work in the Immunology Department of Translational Research. The Immunology Department comprises human in-vitro and mouse in-vivo immunology and has ten team members. We are driven by a high level of professionalism, integrity, an open-minded approach and contributing to an inspiring and fun working environment together with colleagues.
The positionIn this position, you will participate in research focused on allergic diseases and the mode of action of allergen specific Immunotherapy, including pre-clinical drug discovery and clinical research. Your key scientific responsibility will be to initiate and drive human ex-vivo and in-vitro experiments to support immunological research in allergen immunotherapy and drug discovery.
You will be part of a high-performing team and will have the possibility of making a significant impact within discovery immunology. The position plays a key role in the ALK Global Research. The more we learn, the better we can offer and select the right treatment for people with allergy.
Your Responsibilities Will Be To
- Perform exploratory in-vitro and ex-vivo human studies within food, pollen and house dust mite allergy-oriented research and contributing to innovation across drug discovery programmes within Global Research
- Work both independently and as part of cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams on several projects within Global Research
- Work closely with the project leaders, scientists and technicians within the Immunology Department and the rest of Global Research
- With hands on experience of T-cell and B-cell biology, your key scientific responsibility will be to design, implement and perform experimentation within ex-vivo and in-vitro human cell-based immunological studies
- Employ state-of-art techniques like Flow Cytometry, single cell transcriptomics, Glomax, Fluorospot, Multiplex based cytokine analysis in order to measure the activation and differentiation of immune cells
- Maintain a strong work ethic for generating high quality data, processing it, and presenting it to internal and external collaborators
- Properly document study reports in electronic laboratory notebooks in compliance with ALK’s policy
- Stay updated with cutting-edge scientific developments in the field
With your expertise, you will be further strengthening our experimental research platform with novel, state-of-the-art human in-vitro and ex-vivo approaches. Through collaborations with academia, we strive to be cutting-edge in our research and at the same time relevant to ALK’s core business.
You bring a Ph.D. in immunology and a minimum of two years of post-doctoral experience or similar in immunology research. Moreover, we imagine you bringing:
- Experience within food allergy, asthma and inflammation, and documented publications in peer reviewed journals would be an advantage
- The ability to plan, execute and analyse human in-vitro and ex-vivo studies in cellular immunology in order to understand immunological properties of vaccine candidates, biomarkers and mode of action
- Experience in T-cell and B-cell biology – immune cell phenotyping, activation assays, cytokine detection would be a clear advantage
- Expertise in single cell transcriptomics is preferred
- Experience with state-of-art techniques like Luminex platform (MSD, Magpix), Multi-Color Flow Cytometry would be an advantage
- Basic understanding of statistics and experience with handling and interpreting large data sets is an absolute advantage
- Good scientific ability demonstrated by a track record of publications
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational, and analytical skills are required.
As a person you are open and proactive with excellent presentation skills. You bring a collaborative mindset and flair for working in cross-functional teams, thriving in an energetic and highly collaborative environment.
We offerALK provides a uniquely dynamic and pleasant work environment, complete with inspiring and challenging assignments. We aim to become the world leaders in allergy to help the allergy patients to the best. The results of your efforts will be significant throughout the organisation and you will be able to actively influence and challenge the status quo. Our flat structures attract independent individuals who like to feel the progress of the business and enjoy being close to the decision-making process. You will be part of an engaged and informal team who values skill and knowledge creation. We consider our pioneering spirit coupled with our trustworthiness our winning formula. ALK is a health-focused organisation and our offices offer a green view of the DTU Scion science park in Hørsholm.
ContactVisit our website www.alk.net to learn more about our company. For further information on the position please contact Shashank Gupta, Head of Immunology, Translational Research, Global Research on telephone +45 41 95 90 62.
How to applyPlease click on apply and attach a letter of motivation and your CV. We evaluate applications and call for interviews on an ongoing basis, so don’t wait to apply! Application deadline is 27 December 2022.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
Application Deadline: N/A