Commercial Finance Director in Robert Walters at London, England, United Kingdom
Website Robert Walters
This listing is about Robert Walters in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Fantastic Opportunity for a Commercial Finance Director to join a Fast Growth E commerce business based in central London.
This is an all-encompassing Finance Director role, with oversight of the finance function supported by a team of 14 both in the UK and France.
You will be the number one in Finance reporting into the CEO and founder of the business.
Though the office is based in Central London they will be operating a hybrid working model, going into the office 1 day per week.
This hands on role will have the overall responsibility for planning, implementation managing and running of all finance activities across the group. The business is going through a transitional period including implementing operational changes post Brexit to maximise profits, implementing an enterprise-wide ERP and system upgrade whilst managing a recent turnaround acquisition in France to operational efficiency and profitability.
The role will require hands on planning and management of all moving parts, and the right person will not be phased by working within an unstructured business, working independently for a busy and entrepreneurial CEO. The Finance team will need support and active management in all areas.
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance team of 14 across the UK and France, including procedures, mentoring, nurturing and retention of staff
- Responsibility of delivery of management accounts, quarterly accounts for bank and annual statutory accounts. Month End reporting including full pack, detailed & commercial commentary, supplementary packs and additional analysis.
- Providing recommendations to the CEO and management team driving efficiencies.
- Responsible for all finance systems including a current systems project to replace the current ERP. This will involve a taking a hands-on approach to implementation, constantly challenging the status quo of existing systems processes and controls to identify improvements in efficiency and effectiveness, being mindful of legal and statutory requirements in both the UK and France. This project will be working cross functionally with all departments.
- Financial Planning including budgeting, forecasting and weekly and monthly cash planning.
- Oversee all financial controls to eliminate where possible and minimise financial weakness
- Responsible for the 2022 year end audit
- Management of all statutory requirements in UK and France ensuring the business is compliant with changing regulations post BREXIT and ongoing. Including VAT, IOSS, Duty, ONS Submissions and other HMRC submissions
- Preparation of written memos for the board of directors, communicating key updates impacting the financial results.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the business, its key risk areas, and profit drivers.
Retail/E-Commerce experience is essential and at least 5-10 years Director level experience but not limited to.
The desired skillset would be the following;
- Experience in managing a group of companies
- Strong communication written & verbal
- Prior experience of implementation of an ERP
- Experience reporting to a non-financial manager
A strong commercial and strategic finance background
Experience of working in a retail/ ecommerce or consumer led business of £100 million t/over upwards
For more information on the brand and role please contact [email protected]
Company: Robert Walters
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A