Project Manager – Benin in Rode KruisVlaanderen Porto-Novo, Ouémé Department, Benin
Website Rode KruisVlaanderen
This job listing is about Rode KruisVlaanderen in Porto-Novo, Ouémé Department, Benin 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Belgian Red Cross-Flanders (BRC-FL) is part of the worldwide Red Cross movement. Respecting the seven principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality is at all times key in what we do. The International Department focuses on three thematic areas: International Humanitarian Law, Restoring Family Links and our International Operations. In close cooperation with the sister national society of each country and its many volunteers, BRC-FL focuses on project implementation of activities in first aid, blood banking, disaster preparedness and disaster response, mainly in Africa.
In the coming years, BRC-FL will continue to enhance its strategy of being expertise-driven in order to maximize the impact of its operations. It highly values innovation, integrity, taking initiative and teamwork.
BRC-FL is looking for a Project Manager that will act as Country Representative and will set up a new partnership and projects with Benin Red Cross Society with a specific focus on first aid, blood banking and disaster preparedness.
We are looking for an all-round project manager with +5 years of experience, and is specifically eager to apply evidence-based practice in a humanitarian context.
- You are end responsible in assuring that all project activities and targets are delivered on time and in a quality manner.
- You monitor the quality implementation of activities within your projects (training, sensitization, distributions…) and support BRC in its daily project management.
- You oversee adherence to all internal procedures of the partner (logistics/ administration/ finance).
- You acquire a good comprehension of the strategic priorities and operational capacities of BRC.
- You support and facilitate expert missions of BRC-Fl in Benin.
Budget Responsibility and Financial Management
- You ensure the punctuality and quality of all financial reporting, both within BRC-Fl as well as towards the donors.
- You manage the budget, i.e. you assure the project activities are carried out within budget or , if necessary, you adapt the budget in line with applicable rules.
- You continuously assure a correct view on actuals, forecasts and budget.
- You draft annual budget plans.
- You carry out quality control of justifications in accordance with the procedures outlined by the Finance Departments of BRC-Fl and BRC
Reporting and Communication
- You report in a clear and concise way to BRC-Fl HQ.
- You have a problem-solving mindset.
- You are capable of discussing complex situations with your peers and with your direct manager in a pro-active and transparent way.
- You ensure the punctuality and quality of the quarterly narrative reports on the content and continuation of the program.
Representation and Fundraising
- You elaborate coherent, relevant and qualitative project proposals in close cooperation with BRC.
- You develop and maintain a good knowledge of both in-country and Belgian/ international funding opportunities and their requirements.
- You actively identify and seize opportunities for expertise-delivery by BRC-Fl or funding.
- You thoroughly familiarize yourself with the strategy, policies and activities of BRC and share this knowledge with BRC-Fl’s Headquarters.
- You introduce, explain and monitor BRC-Fl’s strategy and policies towards the partner and other external stakeholders.
- You represent BRC-Fl towards in-country delegates of other International Red Cross/ Red Crescent entities and you actively support all relevant in-country coordination initiatives.
- You represent BRC-Fl towards external stakeholders like embassies, governmental institutions, other NGOs …
- You are responsible for general delegation management (as well from material as financial point of view).
- You facilitate a professional relationship between BRC-Fl and BRC in order to ensure a posi-tive and constructive partnership.
- You develop a security framework for Benin based upon general rules and instructions from the Red Cross/ Red Crescent movement and/ or BRC-Fl HQ.
- You manage potential security incidents together with BRC-Fl HQ.
- You support the investigation of potential integrity incidents under supervision of BRC-Fl HQ.
- Educational level:
- You have a university degree at master level in sciences or economics.
- Knowledge of medical sciences, first aid, blood banking and/or data management is a plus.
- Professional level:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of project management experience.
- A proven track record in a result-oriented environment is a plus.
- Experience within the Red Cross/ Red Crescent movement is a plus.
- Fluency in French and English is a must, both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of Dutch is an asset;
- A mindset and knowledge to implement projects based upon evidence-based practice or a strong motivation to do so is expected.
- You work in a structured and methodical way and are stress resistant.
- You have a thorough knowledge of the most common software and online tools (e.g. MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,…).
- Like us you embrace professionality, integrity, teamwork and eagerness to learn as core values.
- You will have a challenging but highly rewarding international experience with Porto-Novo, Benin as duty station.
- You will receive a unique opportunity to start a new partnership and delegation with Benin Red Cross.
- You will have the opportunity to work in a continuously improving and growing environment.
- You will be working for an evidence-based humanitarian organisation where expertise and scientific research are core values;
- A competitive remuneration package including accommodation and transport facilities.
- A contract for an indefinite period.
- You will have a challenging job in a highly enthusiastic team that wants to grow and innovate.
Please apply before December 23th 2022. Afterwards you will be contacted in regard to next steps.
Company: Rode KruisVlaanderen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Porto-Novo, Ouémé Department, Benin
Application Deadline: N/A