This listing is about RPS in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
RPS Risk have an opportunity for an experienced Fire Safety Engineer to join our team.
The fire safety team are a thriving part of our overall RPS Risk team of 50 staff, operating with clients on projects throughout the UK. RPS Risk are based in Warrington and West Cumbria, as this role will play a pivotal part in the continued growth and success of our risk business there is a part time need to be present in either office.
The Role Will See You
- Leading the delivery of technical fire engineering and safety projects in a range of high risk industries, to include:
- conventional fire engineering assessments
- process related requirements
- high hazard fire scenario analysis
- Delivering fire strategies
- Facilitating fire hazard study workshops
- Performing fire modelling and/or interpreting results
- Assessing the hazards and risks of fire and its effects
- Evaluating prevention and protective measures necessary to limit the likelihood and consequences of fire
- Technically understanding the design, installation, maintenance requirements for fire detection, suppression and control philosophies
- Travelling to client sites throughout the UK and sometimes overseas to ensure the client needs are met
- Developing and maintaining lasting relationships and or frameworks with clients
- Understanding the commercial impact of all decisions and recognising opportunities for business development
Your Skills And Experience
- Hold a degree in Fire Engineering or equivalent (t his may be as a first degree or as post grad following on from a relevant first-degree STEM)
- A chartered fire engineer is preferable, will consider a recognised fire engineering qualification
- Detailed understanding/ knowledge of UK regulations and standards (e.g. ADB, BS9999, RRFSO, PAS 79, PD 7974, etc.)
- Knowledge of other regulatory regimes
- Confident in liaising with design teams, clients, local approving authorities, contractors, and other third parties as required
- Excellent numeracy, report writing and time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong listening and interpersonal skills
What We Offer You
We will give you the opportunity to work with some of the best talent in this industry. We offer you a work environment that encourages collaboration and clever thinking – to drive solutions-based outputs that deliver sustainable benefit for our clients, their projects and the environment. We also actively create global mobility opportunities for our talented people, enabling us to deliver interconnected sectors and services, and make RPS a great place to do great work.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Critical illness cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Dental Cover, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and a BenefitHub offering discounts, cash back offers and rewards.
RPS is a leading global professional services firm with over 4,600 people. We benefit from the scale of business that allows us to work on large and/or exciting projects and, at the same time, we retain the local presence in our markets which fosters positive engagement with our clients. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work. ‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace: ‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com