This listing is about RSSB in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Business Affairs Executive (x2)
Closing date: Friday 11th February 2022
Why you should join us…
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can’t get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
This role entails
We have 2 new opportunities for a Business Affairs Executive to join our Legal team on a permanent basis. Acting as a key member of the Non-Scripted Business Affairs team, you will work closely with the Head of Business Affairs to provide legal and commercial advice, and negotiate contract agreements with third parties (e.g. agents, talent, contributors, service companies, broadcasters etc.) for ITV Studios’ Non-Scripted output.
This will include supporting a diverse range of productions and working closely with the production teams throughout the creative process, from development through to delivery.
You Will Have Responsibility For
- Negotiating and contracting a broad range of deals in a timely fashion, to a high standard. This will include a wide range of agreements including talent and contributor agreements, location agreements, access arrangements and other underlying agreements and deals with rights holders.
- Working closely with relevant production teams with regards to individual programmes, providing trusted advice on legal and business affairs implications of programmes, anticipating any legal and rights concerns and offering solutions to resolve these challenges.
- Providing general commercial and legal advice, particularly in relation to copyright, trademarks and clearance issues associated with productions and distribution.
- Assessing commercial deals and liaising with other ITV legal teams and departments as appropriate.
- Keeping the Head of Business Affairs briefed on a regular and timely basis and ensuring that any recommendations or requests for changes to policy are discussed first with the Head of in order that a departmental approach may be offered in respect of such recommendations/changes.
- Completing production updates on the matters being worked on.
- Attending departmental meetings to discuss production updates, departmental and company objectives, administrative issues and legal issues.
- Ensuring that deals are accurately reflected within company databases.
- Liaising with other parts of the organisation to ensure they are aware of any relevant issues related to programme content and that all necessary deal related paperwork is supplied to them in a timely manner.
- Presenting ITV Studios in a professional manner to external parties and to other constituent parts of ITV plc.
- Keeping abreast of industry trends, rights issues, new forms of exploitation and to communicate information as relevant amongst the BA team.
- Handling contentious matters quickly and effectively, knowing when to refer them to the Head of Business Affairs.
- A qualified or part-qualified legal professional with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a private practice or in-house environment.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from candidates with a disability and as a Disability Confident Leader, we have committed to interview all candidates with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role (*minimum criteria above).
- There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.
- Experience of working within a television production or broadcasting environment is preferable, but not essential.
- Experience of negotiating and working in collaboration with global streaming services (Amazon, Netflix, Apple etc) is preferable, but not essential as training will be given
- A good understanding of intellectual property rights and data protection / privacy issues.
- An ability to foster and maintain strong relationships with key contacts both internal and external to the business.
- A skilful drafter of contracts with sound understanding of underlying legislation and commercial parameters and with strong attention to detail.
- A good commercial sense and a proven record in successfully and quickly concluding deals.
- A team player and effective communicator.
- An ability to multitask and be able to define priorities.
- An ability to resolve problems to tight deadlines and making rapid accurate assessments and identifying crucial issues.
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to grasp new areas quickly and to rise to the challenge.
What we can offer
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. Our email is [email protected]. Find out more here .
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance.
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talent and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks that celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do. Find out more here .
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org