Assistant Manager – Corporate Trust in Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited Kingston, Jamaica
Website Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited
This job listing is about Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited in Kingston, Jamaica 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
“Looking for a diverse and rewarding career? If you’re looking to grow your career within a stable and growing financial services company, then Sagicor may be right for you!”
Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited Is Seeking a Suitable Candidate To Join Our Group Legal Trust & Corporate Services Team In The Capacity Of
Assistant Manager -Corporate Trust
Provide registrar, corporate secretarial, trustee and administrative support to the Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited and its subsidiaries as well as to other internal and external clients.
Undertake all Registrar as well as Trustee and Corporate Services matters/ activities as assigned.
As An Assistant Manager – Corporate Trust, You Will
- Supervise and maintain accurate and up-to date share registers with shareholder information and keep abreast of the changes in the landscape of share registration, trustee and governance related thereto.
- Update registers (VBSIS and JCSD) accordingly within the required time frame.
- Respond to correspondence and inquiries from shareholders and other external clients.
- Manage dividend process for registers assigned in order to meet dispatch timelines.
- Prepare and submit reports/ audit confirmation letters and shareholder confirmation for registers and companies under management.
- Process share transfers and indemnities as assigned.
- Prepare for and coordinate Annual General Meetings and Special Meeting activities for registers – dispatching notices in a timely manner, attending the meetings and managing the shareholder registration process.
- Generate and review dividend/ interest payments files for the purpose of reconciliation of bank accounts and complete Tax Administration Jamaica filings for client companies.
- Prepare seal requests; proxy details as required for assigned companies.
- Monthly updates are to be provided to the Company Secretary of the external entities.
- Upload documents for Board Meetings for filing with regulatory bodies for dispatch.
- Review outgoing documentation and correspondence to ensure that signature, enclosure, grammar and presentation are in order.
- Manage process for interest payment and make payments as required for assigned companies/ clients in respect of bond/ loan payments.
- Undertake activities of Trustee services such as meeting preparation and special notices as required.
- Prepare proposals, contracts, agreements and deeds and liaise with Group Legal to ensure alignment with requirements for services to be provided and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Co-ordinate and manage to completion, project activities within the Unit as assigned.
- Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or relevant discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Successful completion of the Jamaican Securities Course or other securities industry training would be an asset.
- Formal training in Company Law/ Corporate Secretarial Practice.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in a related field.
- Experience in the relevant areas of law and a working knowledge of banking/financial services systems and procedures and relevant technology applications.
- Strong people management skills.
- Good research and strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications as well as other software programs.
- Knowledge of basic accounting, Companies and Securities Acts.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality relating to business of operations, client and employees.
- Proficiency in project management.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application via Sagicor’s career portal no later than December 9, 2022.
While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Company: Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Application Deadline: N/A