Website Schneider Electric
This listing is about Schneider Electric in Warrington, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We hire individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. With a mission to make the most of our clients’ energy, we can help solve the global energy dilemma by helping companies and individuals make more efficient use of the energy they already use. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Join Schneider Electric and power your career! Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Care, Connect, Challenge, Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
Schneider Electric has an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our Process Automation Business Unit as a Project Application Engineer, based out of our Birchwood, Warrington office in the UK.
To work within the UK Process Automation (PA) Delivery Engineering Team reporting to the Engineering Team Leader.
Working individually or as part of a team contribute to the successful delivery of engineering solutions to Time, Cost and Quality to ensure the successful execution of projects to the Customers satisfaction.
Provide Engineering support and expertise as required to other areas of the business to help facilitate their objectives.
Be motivated to drive self-development supported by managers to be able to perform to the best of their capabilities and contribute to both their and SE success.
Through undertaking of the role, the Project Engineer will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Provision of sound technical solutions in line with project requirements.
- Ensure the Project Manager/ Engineering Team Leader are kept informed of progress and issues in a timely fashion.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Compliance with relevant Schneider Electric quality assurance, Health Safety and Environmental standards and policies. and mentor junior engineers in the adoption of these standards.
- Compliance with applicable Cybersecurity requirements and policies and mentor junior engineers in the adoption of these standards.
- Compliance with applicable project delivery process and procedures forming part of the quality management system.
- Compliance with applicable statutory Law, standards, & regulations and mentor junior engineers in the adoption of these standards.
- Ability to take responsibility for the technical delivery of smaller technical applications unsupervised.
- Ability to understand the structure and operation of complex engineering hardware and software systems. Apply theoretical knowledge to achieve specified system requirements under supervision.
- Design and specification of hardware/software/electrical/electronic and system requirements, including preparation of drawings/documentation.
- Ability to perform software configuration and programming.
- Liaison with other business areas required to support the engineering team in its delivery function.
- Provide engineering support to assist other business areas achieve their goals.
- Configuration and testing of Schneider Electric/Aveva and other third-party software.
- Participation in structured testing of systems both internal and with Client/Third parties
- Installation and commissioning of hardware and software systems and supervision of installation by others.
- Preparation and presentation of training courses.
- Preparation of system documentation, including functional specifications, test documents and system support manuals.
- Take responsibility for the mentoring of junior engineers to develop their professional skills and to deliver technical solutions as described above.
- Provide and deliver technical solutions to time, quality, and budget. This will be done under supervision for larger technical applications and unsupervised for smaller technical applications.
- Identify project risks and opportunities.
- Take the lead role in the provision of small technical solutions in line with project requirements to time, quality, and budget.
- Ensure the Project Manager/Engineering Team Leader are kept informed of progress and issues.
- Under supervision, support the bid team in the production of quotations providing input for execution planning and delivery estimates.
- Provide support to the service team to assist with the timely resolution of customer issues.
- Actively seek to promote the company and seek commercial opportunities.
Important Criteria for this role:
- Communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Proven experience in some of the following areas:
SCADA (Aveva/Wonderware), telemetry, computer networking, software engineering, low voltage electrical design, digital communications, industrial control systems including PLCs (Modicon) Safety Systems (Triconex) and DCS (Foxboro), systems testing and Cloud Computing.
- Competent in the use and configuration of common operating systems and standard office software packages.
- Ability to work in a project environment, working under the direction of the Engineering Team Leader for technical solution delivery. In addition, work with and mentor others in a team to meet the defined cost, quality, and time goals as governed by the Project Manager.
- Ability to identify and report project risks and opportunities.
- Ability to work in a home (remote), office or site industrial environment.
- Ability to work on-site in the UK and overseas, sometimes for extended periods.
- Proven track record in mentoring subordinate engineers.
- Have experience of full project lifecycle.
- Basic project commercial and financial knowledge to include understanding of:
- Basic understanding of key contractual aspects for project delivery including:
- Change management
- Terms and conditions
- Some experience of working in at least two of the following sectors:
- The Utilities including Critical National Infrastructure (CNI).
- Oil & Gas
- Cyber Security
- Food & Beverage
- Renewable Energy
- Qualified to a recognised Qualification in engineering discipline i.e. HNC/HND/Degree.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Our offer to you:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it’s an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company’s future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
Company: Schneider Electric
Job Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com