Electrical Engineer in Scientific Research Corporation Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
Website Scientific Research Corporation
This job listing is about Scientific Research Corporation in Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Construction of a New Embassy Compound at a 19 acre project site in Juba, South Sudan. Expertise in application of U.S. building codes, with on-site construction experience at large and complex phased multi-million dollar vertical construction facility projects in overseas environments.
The position functions as the Electrical Engineer, providing OBO/Juba a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight of the Juba NEC Project.
The engineer is responsible for performing technical inspections of electrical work, monitoring the contractor’s quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance. This position is established to support and assist OBO/Juba in ensuring the completion of the project in accordance with contract requirements. Specific experience with high and low voltage equipment, as well as telephone and fire alarm systems desired.
- Ensures that the contractor is performing the required contract work in accordance with the design documents.
- Reviews engineering shop drawings and determine if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters.
- Performs quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor’s work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts
- Monitors the construction contractor’s quality assurance and safety program
- Observes onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly
- Monitors construction progress vis-à-vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections
- Performs technical inspections of the electrical elements of the project
- Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly
- Develops working knowledge of all technical requirements of project
- Provides Quality Assurance for ongoing construction project
- Reviews contractor submittals
- Evaluates proposed submittal substitutions with engineering implications
- Makes recommendations to the Project Director
- Coordinates the development of Independent Government Estimates (IGEs) for modifications and change orders
- Prepares Monthly Progress Reports and attends meetings summarizing project status, with emphasis on engineering
- Other related duties as assigned by the Project Director
Minimum Skills & Requirements
- Must have Final Secret, Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of consideration
- An electrical engineering degree (Bachelor’s or above) from an accredited university and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience required on construction projects of similar scope and dollar value to the project supported by this Task Order
- Design office experience shall not count toward an employee’s experience. A Professional Engineering License (PE) is acceptable in lieu of a degree
- Overseas experience is preferred. Your resume must clearly demonstrate this required background.
- Knowledge of International Codes require
- Experience in assessing and responding to Requests for Information (RFI).
- Knowledge of Construction Safety regulations, i.e. EM 385-1-1, OSHA, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word required.
- Experience in reviewing and evaluating design calculations and data from an engineering perspective.
- Must be able to read design/construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations.
- Must understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have an understanding of the principals of his/her discipline and how it fits in with other disciplines.
SRC IS A CONTRACTOR FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT, THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AS WELL AS, A U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT THE TOP SECRET LEVEL
WORK LOCATION: JUBA, SOUTH SUDAN ( U.S. EMBASSY)
PROJECT DURATION: 48 MONTHS WITH EXPECTED FOLLOW-ON WORK WITHIN THE OBO PROGRAM
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We strongly believe in the abundance of differences among individuals. We value different points of view and appreciate diverse perspectives. We truly believe this is what makes our organization inclusive and more responsive to the needs of our diverse customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make www.scires.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact [email protected] for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SRC does not currently require COVID-19 vaccinations for its employees. Pending the outcome of various court proceedings and resultant government action, SRC and all other Federal Contractor employees may be required, at some point in the future, to be fully vaccinated subject to accommodations for valid medical or religious reasons. Please visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ to read more about the Federal Government’s current position on COVID-19 vaccines for Federal Contractor employees.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
Company: Scientific Research Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Juba, Central Equatoria, South Sudan
Application Deadline: N/A