Website Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP
This job listing is about Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP in Burlington, Ontario, Canada 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP:
Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP is an accounting firm with over 35 years’ experience and is the business partner of choice for privately owned corporations, their shareholders and non-profit organizations throughout Hamilton and surrounding areas.
The firm employs 50+ employees and offers accounting, advisory, taxation, valuation and litigation support services.
Overview of the Opportunity:
The Senior Staff Accountant, Tax, is in charge of tax reviews and is widely involved in tax and CRA audit preparation as well as in-depth research. The candidate will also oversee the activities of the Tax Staff Accountants and assist internal staff with their advanced tax client issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review of corporate tax compliance preparation by junior staff members
- Assist in updating/developing internal corporate tax compliance procedures and policies
- Review of corporate tax assessments
- Preparation of various tax elections
- Provide assistance with CRA audits of clients
- Preparation of voluntary disclosures for corporate tax related issues
- Assist internal staff with corporate tax related questions
- Conduct tax research and present findings to managers/partners
- Attend relevant workshops and conferences to remain up-to-date on corporate tax issues
- Provide internal training to staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent diploma or experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation as well enrolled in the In-Depth Tax Program and/or Masters in Tax.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in tax compliance
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong technical background in Canadian income tax, including tax research
- Experience with TaxPrep or other tax preparation programs
- Demonstrated initiative, willingness, and ability to accept responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure, be decisive, exercise good judgment and common sense
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Ability to teach/present material related to corporate tax services and technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Group RRSP matching
- Health and dental benefits
- Firm sponsored social events
- Firm sponsored professional development
- Potential for flexible working arrangements and work-life balance
- Opportunities to grow within the firm
Notice for Job Applicants
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to make reasonable additions or changes to the duties of the position at any time.
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require any accommodation.
Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company: Pettinelli Mastroluisi LLP
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A