Website World Food Programme Somalia
This job listing is about World Food Programme Somalia in Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Post Title: Senior Administration Associate (Aviation Security) G7, Mogadishu
Contract type/grade: G7
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Closing Date: 5th December 2022
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates, in particular, are encouraged to apply.
What will you do?
- Provide aviation security (AVSEC) related operational coordination and technical support for air operations, ensuring compliance with WFP standards, and risk management processes, to support safe and effective air operations for the humanitarian community.
- Prepare Aviation Security (AVSEC) airfield assessment schedules and perform in-depth airfield assessments and submit findings and reports.
- Liaise with field staff and airfield focal points for coordinated AVSEC management of base and destination airfields for safe air operations and aviation activities.
- Recommend AVSEC-related equipment requirements and ensure their effective utilization in attaining required AVSEC outcomes.
- Conduct context analyses in conflict-affected destinations (both regular and ad-hoc destinations) to enable development assessments for continued air operations and aviation activities.
- Communicate and liaise with local authorities, security providers, state security agencies, and mission security to obtain necessary clearances, authorizations, and documentation that are required for secure and safe air operations to respective destination airfields and HLS.
- Expert awareness of security developments in the Area of Operations (AO) and advice on the potential security risks to air operations.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external counterparts to provide effective Aviation Security support to air operations and aviation activities.
- Help establish, implement, maintain and retain compliance with procedures necessary for safe and secure air operations.
- Assist in collating and reviewing all security information available from UN security, WFP security, NGOs, local authorities, and other diverse sources and participate in evaluating its impact on air operations.
- Coordinate AVSEC to perform threat and risk assessment analysis for the UNHAS flight operations as per Annex Q of the WFP Air Transport Manual (ATM).
- Respond to airport/aircraft emergencies as per the approved and published A-ERPs (Aviation – Emergency Response Plans).
- Participate in search and rescue operations per A-ERPs (Aviation – Emergency Response Plans).
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet the required provision of service to the humanitarian community, as needed.
- Compile statistics on AVSEC-related hazards, incidents, relocations, and evacuations (Security, CASEVAC, MEDEVAC) to include monitoring and evaluating necessary background information to assist deploy mitigating measures against future occurrences
- Manages the administration of all National Airport Identity Cards (A.I.C), ground passes, WFP and UN pass/identification credentials on behalf of UNHAS staff and air operator crew with Somali Civil Aviation Authority CAA, Airport authorities, and local authorities as per aviation regulations, rules and ICAO standards.
- Manage and administrate Diplomatic Close Protection Teams (CPTs) or PSD (Personal Security Detail) firearms transportation requests as per the approved national regulations and UNHAS AVSEC SOP and file all related documents.
- Monitor and keep current of Area of Operation (AO) travel requirements for passengers traveling on UNHAS to ensure an effective facilitation experience
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Minimum diploma in a relevant field of study. A University degree is an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience in Aviation, Security, or Operational Risk Management.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Trained and practicing Aviation Security (AVSEC) Instructor, Inspector, Supervisor, or equivalent qualification and relevant working experience
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs
- Leadership and strong people management skills
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 year (Initial)
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
Company: World Food Programme Somalia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia
Application Deadline: N/A