Website Newcrest Mining
This job listing is about Newcrest Mining in Papua New Guinea 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Newcrest is one of the world’s largest gold mining companies. As a global business, they aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
At Newcrest, they hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Advisor – Emergency Response for positions on Lihir Island, PNG. Reporting to the Superintendent – Health, Safety and Environment – Emergency Response, you will be required to coordinate and maintain emergency response capability to emergency, manning and equipment preparedness and emergency preparedness training on site. This includes preparing strategic and action plans and monitoring performance against plans developing technical knowledge in managing variance and continuous improvements.
You Will Deliver Value By
- Driving and influencing proactive safety behaviours within workgroups through visible leadership.
- Ensuring all personnel, visitors and contractors comply with site and contractual Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and hold people accountable for adherence.
- Planning work so that it can be conducted safely considers environmental conditions, nearby activities, people and other resources needed to complete the work.
- Committing to the Health, Safety and Environmental New-safe behaviours.
- Actively coordinate work areas to ensure work is carried out safely, in accordance with the PNG Mine Safety Act, Newcrest Safety System, safety policies and procedures and Newcrest environment policies and all departmental operating procedures.
- Develop schedules and coordinates site emergency response drills according to schedule plan and effectively implement ongoing improvement action plans.
- Coordinate HSE Emergency response and demonstrates behaviours to ensure work practice efficiency and quality including providing inputs to ERT work management system in planning, scheduling and execution according the PDCA circle on weekly/ monthly and quarterly time frame.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of HSE Emergency response procedures and manuals in conjunction with the Emergency response core-functions according to the site documentation (CDMS) process.
- Actively coordinate Emergency response preparedness training in skills & knowledge and health fitness programmes.
- 5 + year’s relevant experience within a large-scale complex processing plant or heavy industry.
- Valid certificate in Mine Emergency, rescue response and emergency management plan.
- Certificate 4 Emergency Response Training qualification essential.
- PNG NTC Certificate 4 Training and Assessment essential.
- Certificate in Frontline Management or Leadership Management
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication and public speaking skills.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills including project execution / management experience.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong active listening & interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution & training
- Be open to constructive conversation and take feedbacks as improvement and communicate or share learnings.
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG.
- Must have a Class 6 PNG Driving License
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
- Must have proof of a completed Police Clearance within the last six months.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share these values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
Company: Newcrest Mining
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Papua New Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A