Website Auckland Council
This job listing is about Auckland Council in Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
- 3 positions available for experienced people (Residential 3 level or Commercial all levels)
- Hybrid working – options available (nationwide)
- Rewarding work complexity and variety
- Remuneration between $104K – $118K per annum
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
The Building Consents team within Auckland Council provide local and regional building consenting services to ensure Auckland grows with safe and sustainable buildings. As a result of continued growth in the Auckland region, we are looking for talented and dedicated people to join our Project Assessment team.
We are interested to hear from you about your experience, skills, and abilities, and to discuss your professional growth opportunities working for us. In the roles available you will provide our customers with timely and accurate services assessing their building consent applications. You will be responsible for ensuring those applications demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the New Zealand Building Code which is underpinned by the Building Act 2004 and all of its associated regulations. Case management of customer’s applications and assisting in their understanding of regulatory controls and their responsibilities is a key attribute of this role.
This is a grunty and substantial piece of work, and we’ll be looking for individuals with the right experience and qualifications to match it. If you have a current Res 3 to Com 3 processing competency, advanced knowledge of NZ Building Codes and Building Act and NZ Level 6 or higher (or overseas equivalent) we have the right job for you!!
Click link to access Position Description.
He kōrero mōu: About you
We live and breathe building codes from a performance perspective and as such focus heavily on individuals with a relevant background in Building Construction, Engineering or Architectural Design.
Equally important to us and what we look for during interviews is:
- Proven experience working in the BCA environment, building industry or designing roles,
- Knowledge of Building Construction methodology and previous/ current experience in building consent processing
- Possess a recognised Building Surveying, Construction, Engineering or Architectural design qualification
- Demonstrated capability in the understanding of building industry and processes and has the ability to problem-solve and suggest business improvements
- Good understanding of the New Zealand Building Code and the Building Act 2004 and Building Regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of customers
- Familiar with working with electronic applications and processes.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
We will provide you with dedicated training and development so that you are equipped to make a real difference in our community. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, a work-life balance, flexible working arrangement encompassing work time and location, and be a part of a region-wide team.
On top of this as part of our Auckland Council Group, you will gain access to many benefits and discounts. Click link to find out more about our employee benefits package.
If this sounds like your perfect career opportunity, apply today with your cover letter and CV!
Applications close Sunday 30 October 2022
Auckland Council is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Auckland Council strongly encourages our employees to be fully vaccinated.
Company: Auckland Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Application Deadline: N/A