This job listing is about Sparkrock in Kingston, Jamaica 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Are you a high-performing software developer who’s looking to take your technical skills to the next level?
If you are a top performer, you understand that the more time you spend on writing code and less time in meetings and status reporting, the more successful you will be. That’s why at Sparkrock we believe that Software engineers should be focused on what they do best – producing great solutions. We believe that the quality of design and code is the most important part of any quality business solution.
We also understand that top performers want to develop and grow. That’s why we provide continuous training and coaching focused on unlocking people’s potential. We want our consultants and engineers to be the best they can be!
Imagine working for an organization where you have unlimited opportunities to grow and develop, where you don’t have to worry about factors outside of your control, and where there’s no ambiguity about what’s expected or what it takes to be successful.
If you are passionate about learning and growing and want to develop into the best consultant engineer you can be, then this role is for you!
Sparkrock helps social benefit organizations like nonprofits, school boards, and government agencies to reach their greatest potential using technology. We help to make these mission-driven organizations more efficient, freeing up their time and resources to focus on the good they want to achieve. Every day nearly 45,000 people use our ERP & CRM products to make the world a better place, and we’re looking to double our impact in the next three years.
Sparkrock is a Great Place to Work® organization.
What you will be doing
- Most of your day is spent doing actual software development, not other meaningless activities.
- We have tried to cut out nonessential work, so the majority of your day is on designing solutions, writing code, testing, and deploying.
- Every day you’ll be refining your skills to the next level with training and development.
- In addition to being great software engineers, we expect our people to be product, industry, and market experts.
- Maintaining and building upon that expertise requires continuous coaching, training, and self-development. On average, you will spend 20% of your week on such activities.
What you will NOT be doing
- Product bug fixing and enhancements
- Shepherding other team members on your team (we have others to do it)
- Endless meetings and presentations.
What you will learn
- You will learn how to consistently deliver high-quality software solutions like Custom Modules, Custom Integrations, Extensions, and PowerApps that solve business problems.
- You will learn how to conduct effective requirements gathering and scoping that uncovers customer needs and pain points to produce effective solutions.
- You will be expected to be an expert on the products you work on, understand problems, create solutions and effectively communicate its benefits as well as value to customers. This means that you will continuously stay up-to-date on product releases and know your technical landscape.
- You will participate in deep dives that uncover quality issues and pain points and propose solutions to fix them.
- You will participate in regular coaching and training to improve your skills.
- You will coach and train mid-level developers on your team to improve the overall team.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software development and consulting
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in NAV/Business Central development using Visual Studio Code, AL.
- High exposure to Azure and Cloud technologies
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent customer-facing soft skills (requirements gathering, solution consulting, presentation).
- Previous experience with Remote jobs or international teams.
Nice to have
- Quality mindset
- Detail orientated
Benefits – We don’t call them perks, they’re just part of what makes working at Sparkrock great.
- We are 100% remote and global. Live your best life, wherever that may be, and never lose out on career opportunities because of it.
- Flexible work hours. We work asynchronously and don’t care when you’re online, just that you deliver great results.
- Dedication to development. We focus on career pathing for each and every one of our employees and help provide training to advance at every stage in your career.
- Focus on culture. Coffee chats, happy hours, cooking classes, book clubs, and more!
- Swag! Because who doesn’t love swag?
- Stipend to help set up your ideal home office
- Introductions to thought leaders in the space and webinars on cutting-edge tech hot topics
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Application Deadline: N/A