Senior Buyer in Avista Bayamón, Cidra, Puerto Rico
This job listing is about Avista in Bayamón, Cidra, Puerto Rico 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Our client, a leader in the Food Services Industry and distribution logistics and manufacturing, is looking for a Senior Buyer.
The main objectives of the Senior Buyer are to lead, purchase of large volume and variety of industrial materials, experience in institutional negotiations, and purchases with foreign suppliers. Processes purchase requests in accordance with program supply chain plans and other procurement requirements. Ensures timely and accurate placement of purchase orders.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Coordinates all activities related to the procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through deliver
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date the commodity is needed.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity
- Investigates and interview potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Implements purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the company’s quality standards.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute commodities in a cost-effective manner—other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional influencing, communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills
- Negotiation skills and drive to look for cost-improvement opportunities,
- Good verbal and written communication skills and a positive mindset with high energy
- Strong interest in developing relationships with stakeholders and team
- Ability to independently drive and complete tasks
- Strategic understanding and thinking
- Results-oriented, supervisory experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required for the job.
Avista is a human resources consulting firm that helps companies attain a game changing culture, drive growth and achieve their vision of success. Combining expert advisory, cutting-edge technology and unparalleled service, we offer innovative solutions that are affordable to the needs of forward thinking organizations.
Powered by JazzHR
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bayamón, Cidra, Puerto Rico
Application Deadline: N/A