This job listing is about TomTom in Shanghai, VA 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
What You’ll Do
You’ll be leading an engineering organization consisting of several engineering teams distributed across several geographic locations. Your challenges include
- Translate customers’ complex functional and technical requirements into technical solutions and define your team’s charger and roadmap based on it.
- Manage your team to execute against project plans and delivery commitment. Identify risks, define corrective mitigation actions and report to higher management
- Owning the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features
- Own all business and operational support and metrics for your team’s software
- Develop and build engineering teams to deliver on your defined roadmap. Attract, recruit and retain capable individuals to grow a resilient, diverse organization.
- Enable and support your team members to maximize their potential. Assess team performance and hold team managers accountable for their parts.
- Building effective trustful communication channels between teams, stakeholders, and higher management.
- Coach individuals in your organization to continuously learn and develop themselves.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the way of working and instigate a continuous improvement culture.
- Set up your team for innovation; define new ideas and investments contributing to the future of map-making.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Object-oriented design and coding skills (Java and/or C/C++)
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- 3+ years of experience managing people
- Passion for people management and mentorship
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to break down complex concepts into easily understood frameworks and models
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical stakeholders
Meet your team
The Product Unit Automation develops and operates map production systems for high-quality data intended for driving automation and advanced lane navigation. Our teams aim to optimize the way we generate maps and update them with the latest reality information by combining many different data sources and implementing advanced heuristics and ML techniques while keeping them sustainable and cost-effective. Our customers vary from car manufacturers to enterprise companies, as well as other internal TomTom teams.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Work flexibility program (Working @ TomTom) – work from both home and the office!
- Home office benefits, with a setup budget and a monthly allowance to support.
- Chance to work abroad for 90-calendar days in select countries and states!
- Holiday package that includes your birthday off and a volunteering day per year.
- Bring your ideas and innovation to life during our Hackathon, DevDays, and more!
- Take on learning opportunities – internal programs, O’Reilly and LinkedIn learning.
- The opportunity to join one of the few top tech location specialists and have an impact on the future of mobility.
- Be part of a supportive, inclusive, and global culture.
After you apply
- First call If your application matches the role, then it’s time to put a voice to the name! We’ll call you to set up an interview.
- First interview In this interview, we want to know more about you – what excites you about location technology and how can you help us solve global challenges.
- Second interview System design and Architectural discussions
- Third interview Experience deep dive.
- The final decision Cue the fireworks, because we’ll start the onboarding.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Shanghai, VA
Application Deadline: N/A