Website Rio Tinto
This job listing is about Rio Tinto in Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Senior Manager Finance, Mongolia
- Working with a high performing team that is passionate and driven to success
- Opportunity to develop and share skills with a national workforce
- Working for a world class Copper operation in a unique location – Ulaanbaatar
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Manager Finance to join the Oyu Tolgoi (OT) finance team. Managing a team of professionals, you will be responsible for establishing fiscal controls, preparing financial reports, advising on financial matters and assisting with strategic long-term planning.
This role will drive business performance and shareholder value by delivering high quality financial information and insights. The Senior Financial Manager will work closely with Product Group leadership in developing and executing the asset strategy and responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of financial plans and policies. This role is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to develop financial management systems to improve financial decision making across the business.
Living as a residential assignee in the city of Ulaanbaatar, working 5 days on, 2 days off, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will
- Put safety first in all work to maintain safe work environment and act as a role model in demonstrating and living the OT green behaviours
- Provide leadership, direction and management to the finance team
- Provide the Finance update to the Audit and Finance Committee, prepare papers and presentations for the CFO to provide financial updates to the OT Board
- Manage financial reporting obligations for business performance, including detailed cost & capital to OT leaders, RT Group and Oyu Tolgoi Board
- Manage cash forecasting and funding, the annual plan reporting to related parties and corporate finance
- Establish and develop relationships with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Coach team members, review and complete employee performance evaluations and recommend pay actions
What You Will Bring
- Formal University qualification in business/commerce
- Resource industry experience in an existing Senior Manager role
- Extensive knowledge of financial and management accounting
- Experience in planning and analysis
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
- The ability to manage financial reporting obligations
It will also be beneficial if you have
- CPA and/or CA or MBA qualification
What We Offer
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- International relocation and visa assistance
- Competitive package including annual incentive and living allowance
- Career development to further your ambitions
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/ annual, paid parental, sick leave)
Joining the Rio Tinto Oyu Tolgoi team is a great opportunity to be part of one of the most exciting developments in copper and gold mining for several decades. The mine contains reserves and resources that make it one of the world’s largest copper-gold deposits.
This mega project is expected to be a major contributor to Mongolia’s development. As part of the Rio Tinto Oyu Tolgoi team, you have the ability to contribute to something significant and learn and develop both personally and professionally. We offer a collaborative, high performing environment where success is achieved by working together.
Discover More About Mongolia And Oyu Tolgoi
Mongolia is increasingly becoming a destination for tourism and expatriate residents. As a rapidly developing city, Mongolia’s capital Ulaanbaatar is seen as a comfortable, yet exciting place to live. With an array of cultural and social activities available and a growing network of international schools, housing options, and leisure facilities, its home to a growing community of international expatriates. Located in the South Gobi Desert, just 80 kilometres from the Chinese border, the Oyu Tolgoi mine and camp is a large, well-run and comfortable site with multiple amenities including recreational and sports facilities, a cinema, shops, restaurants and bars catered to a growing community. For more information about OT site, please check out this video.
Where you’ll be working
Oyu Tolgoi is an operating Copper / Gold open pit and underground mine. The site is located in the Gobi Desert region of Mongolia. The reserves case for the underground project is in the order of 0.5 billion tonnes of ore to be mined from the 95,000 tonnes per day Hugo North Lift 1 (HNL1) panel cave mine with a 20-year operations life. There is also the potential for
3 further block cave districts to increase mine life beyond 100 years.
The Oyu Tolgoi LLC Head Office is based in the Monnis Tower in Ulaanbaatar, in the heart of city centre. While you will be working at the Ulaanbaatar office, you may from time to time travel to the Oyu Tolgoi mine site.
Job application closes on 17 October 2022
Company: Rio Tinto
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Application Deadline: N/A