Website Abt Associates Australia
This job listing is about Abt Associates Australia in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
- Location: Port Moresby with some provincial travel
- Commencement: November 2022
- Duration of contract: February 2026
- Open to PNG Citizens only
About The Program
The Australia PNG Economic Partnership (APEP) known as “The Partnership” is a new multi-sectoral investment to assist GoPNG to create a stable and more prosperous country. The investment will be the main vehicle and coordination point from which Australia will deliver its economic development aid to PNG and will be the primary vehicle to implement Comprehensive Strategic and Economic Partnership (CSEP). The Australian Government is committed to delivering The Partnership in accordance with the principles of integration and alignment with PNG’s economic sector policies, systems and processes.
“The Partnership” will contribute to the achievement of the following overarching goal: a resilient and diversified economy that provides a high quality of life for all Papua New Guineans.
The Partnership overarching policy objective is: to assist PNG in its efforts to achieve sustained growth, capable of lifting the standard of living of all citizens, while also ensuring Australia maintains its reputation as PNG’s economic partner of choice.
The Partnership is a multi-sector investment with gender equality, disability social inclusion (GEDSI) and women’s economic empowerment (WEE), climate as well as economic dialogue and open government, positioned as cross-cutting objectives working across all engagement areas.
It has five End of Program Outcomes (EOPOs) that are expected to be achieved:
- EOPO 1 – Safeguarding Macroeconomic Stability
- EOPO 2 – Strengthening Public Financial Management for Improved Service Delivery and Inclusive Growth
- EOPO 3 – Supporting More Efficient and Inclusive Markets
- EOPO 4 – Fostering Inclusive Growth and Expanded Livelihoods
- EOPO 5 – Catalysing Economic Research and Dialogue
About The Opportunity
The Senior MERL Coordinator will work within the MERL and Adaptive Management Unit and be responsible for implementing aspects of the Abt Monitoring and Evaluation Ecosystem (AMEE), the Value for Money (VfM) system, and information and knowledge management more broadly. This will include, but not be limited to management of the centralised MERL data, document storage, management efficiency KPI system, risk management; VfM evidence, regular reporting and supporting six-monthly reporting, as delegated by the MERL Manager.
This will be responsible for;
- Undertaking actions necessary to support the effective establishment and efficient operation of the AMEE.
- Managing the collection, storage, analysis, and reporting of performance data required by the AHC-DFAT and APEP management.
- Managing the collection and storage of all significant reports, analysis and documents that are necessary to meet APEP’s accountability and learning needs (and may be considered electronic knowledge products).
- Managing the collection, storage, analysis, and reporting of VfM evidence, both of a cost saving nature and evidence of good practice systems.
- Supporting the sub-programs to prepare their six-monthly reports (SMRs), by collating, analysing and graphically presenting information from the AMEE needed for standard SMR annexes.
- Promoting learning, continuous improvement, and adaptive management by tracking the implementation of recommendations made by internal and external reviews, and review and reflection exercises.
- Assisting with identification of risks and maintaining the risk management database.
- Monitoring whether progress data collected and available for reporting adequately addresses gender equity and social inclusion.
- Supporting the collection, analysis and reporting of other information required by the IT-based management information system (AMEE).
- Other reasonable requests
- Six-monthly reports on Program performance data required by the AHC-DFAT and APEP management from the AMEE.
- Six-monthly report on the SharePoint e-Library of all significant reports, analysis and documents that are necessary to meet APEP’s accountability and learning needs.
- Six-monthly report/spreadsheet on Program evidence of delivering VfM
- Sharing AMEE data analysis needed by sub-programs to prepare their six-monthly reports (SMRs).
- Tracking the implementation of recommendations made by internal and external reviews, and review and reflection exercises, and reporting six-monthly.
Key working relationships
- Team Leader Partnerships and Performance
- APEP MERL Manager
- Other APEP MERL and Adaptive Management team colleagues
- MERL Adviser
- Other Abt Program MERL staff
For applications to be considered, a response to the Key Selection Criteria below must be provided:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in in monitoring and evaluation, project management, development, social science, IT, economics, law, governance, or another relevant discipline
- Good theoretical understanding of MERL, with the ability to translate theory into practice and deliver evidence-based reporting
- Ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders to collect, clarify, collate, and share data
- An understanding of the reporting requirements of GoPNG/DFAT
- Preferably 5 years’ experience in implementing MERL and coordinating activities across large and complex politically sensitive environments in PNG
- High level analytical skills, preferably with IT skills in excel, database management and statistical analysis
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective teams and lead collaboration, especially in a cross-cultural context
- Strong written communication skills with demonstrated experience preparing high quality evidence-based reports and professional documents for senior and executive audiences
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and promote principles of gender equity and social inclusion in all aspects of this role including in program design, implementation, and evaluation
How to Apply
- Please submit your application online; attach your resume/ CV and a cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
Abt Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to upholding high standards of Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud Protection.
We encourage applications from experienced and capable women, and people with disabilities.
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted .
Closing Date: Wednesday, 12 October 2022 (12 PM, Local Time)
Abt Associates a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries. For more information about us and what we do, visit our website at www.abtassociates.com
Abt Associates values individuality and celebrates difference with a strong commitment to diversity, equality, racial equity and inclusion. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, skills and knowledge, so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding, to protect and prevent harm and abuse to individuals we work for and who work for us. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, child abuse, sexual abuse or exploitation in any form, and expect everyone to be treated with respect and dignity.
Company: Abt Associates Australia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Application Deadline: N/A