Senior Physiotherapist – Musculoskeletal in Austin Health All Pines, Belize
Website Austin Health
This job listing is about Austin Health in All Pines, Belize 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
- Full time, fixed-term grade 2 role, commencing January 2023 until end of June 2024.
- The position will be working within the orthopaedic inpatient physiotherapy clinical setting.
- $83,361 – $95,826 annual base salary + salary packaging + super
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across three campuses in the North East of Melbourne and state-wide. We have a highly engaged, diverse and collaborative workforce that is unified by our purpose, which is to help people live healthy and fulfilled lives.
The Physiotherapy Department comprises approximately 92 EFT staff at the Austin Hospital, Heidelberg Repatriation Hospital, and the Royal Talbot Rehabilitation Centre. We provide seven day per week services to both acute and aged care clinical areas.
We are a major clinical school for the University of Melbourne with responsibility from 1st through to 3rd year for the Doctorate of Physiotherapy (DPT) program. We also have local Physiotherapy teaching partnerships with Swinburne and LaTrobe University. Clinical Research is a high priority of the department.
About The Role
The primary purpose will be to provide timely, safe, and effective clinical care to orthopaedic and musculoskeletal patients through our Physiotherapy inpatient program.
This appointment will also support the Physiotherapy service to provide.
- Student supervision/education for University of Melbourne DPT (Musculoskeletal) placements and other university partners (as required)
- Clinical support, training and education to juniorotating physiotherapists within a Musculoskeletal / Orthopaedic clinical setting
- Contribution physiotherapy department quality initiatives and the strategic direction for Physiotherapy at Austin Health
A Regular Day Will See You
- Provide Physiotherapy care to a diverse clinical population of Orthopaedic patients across the inpatient clinical setting
- Work in collaboration with senior, highly experienced musculoskeletal / orthopaedic physiotherapists
- Provide clinical supervision for students and junior physiotherapists
- Participate in and lead department initiatives to improve patient care
You will work in a supportive, caring and experienced physiotherapy team environment. Many senior staff working in the musculoskeletal / orthopaedic speciality area have worked in Advanced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (AMP) position at Austin. You will have regular opportunities for point-of-care and reflective supervision sessions with senior staff to supporting your ongoing clinical development and learning objectives.
Musculoskeletal / Orthopaedics has well-established local professional development opportunities and a monthly journal club for staff to participate in. The service has strong links with the Australian Physiotherapy Association, hosting several APA aquatic and musculoskeletal / orthopaedic events annually.
Our inpatient workforce systems are award-winning and our orthopaedic programs of world-class standard. For example, our joint arthroplasty journey is now supporting many patients through an Enhanced Recovery Program, achieving 24 hour discharge with very positive patient experiences.
- Sound, relevant clinical experience in the provision of orthopaedic / musculoskeletal physiotherapy in an inpatient clinical setting
- A desire and be excited by the opportunity to further enhance your own musculoskeletal / orthopaedic knowledge, assessment, and treatment skills through providing direct clinical care
- The Motivation and capability to deliver clinical supervision to undergraduate students during musculoskeletal physiotherapy clinical placements
- Capacity to successfully enhance the musculoskeletal / orthopaedic physiotherapy team culture and clinical environment.
- An Interest in pursuing (or currently undertaking) further training and education related to orthopaedic / musculoskeletal physiotherapy pathways
Company: Austin Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: All Pines, Belize
Application Deadline: N/A