This job listing is about Seadrill in Luanda, Luanda, Angola 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
This position supports the Operational management team and the related financial reporting for all rigs in the area they operate in.
The Senior Rig Controller has an in depth understanding of the financial position of all the assigned operations in the area and is able to identify and summarise the major financial drivers, risks and opportunities of the business.
The Senior Rig Controller supports Rig Controllers to resolve issues which present a potential financial impact are raised and resolved in a timely manner and in accordance with Seadrill policies and procedures
This position is expected to maintain a strong relationship with Operations, Shared Service Center and other support functions and be the key point of contact in the area for the key stakeholders.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Coordinating Rig Controllers to prepare the monthly and YTD variance bridge in monthly Reporting Package for executive management and provide a summary for the area to review directly with the senior stakeholders
- Review management reports to identify potential accruals and adjustments for goods and or services and feed this back to the Shared Service Center.
- Collate, input, and review of forecast and budget information submitted by operations and marketing to provide a summary of the area. Act as Business Partners to the Rig Management team to challenge, identify and resolve complex discrepancies and issues based on experience and precedent.
- The role includes but is not exclusive to preparation of the monthly accounts, the analysis of the activities, balance sheet preparation, budgeting and forecasting for the respective units. All activities will also be conducted in a SOX compliant manner in line with Seadrill’s control framework.
- Gather supporting documentation from the rig operations team for the customer billing process and provide this to the Shared Service Center AR team.
- Review of CIP account to ensure timely capitalization of projects. Provide commencement of depreciation period (inform SSC that asset is placed in service or is ready to use).
- Prepare audit query responses as required by clients, regulatory bodies and any other audits that might be required as per location requirements
- Depending on location, provide feedback to SSC Lead team to ensure the balance sheet accurately reflects the business group accounts and lead on resolving issues identified
- Foster a culture of financial accountability, understanding and discipline amongst senior budget owners through experienced business partnering and challenging ways of working with senior stakeholders
- Provide support to operations and SSC Seniors with a broader view of all rigs in the area. Support the Rig Controllers to identify corrective actions and resolve issues
- Co-ordinate the resolution of more complex outstanding local issues such as CIT/VAT reviews and receivables issues.
- Reporting responsibilities as delegated from Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent.
- Required Experience and Knowledge
- 4-5 years of hands-on experience in Oil and Gas industry, preferably with focus in offshore drilling, either directly or indirectly, e.g. audit experience in public practice firm.
- Significant finance / accounting experience with ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures (USGAAP).
- Possesses an in depth understanding of the financial aspects of the drilling contract(s) and operations
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, predominantly in Excel.
- Major ERP experience, preferably Oracle.
- Ability to consolidate and summarise data from mutiple sources
- Able to handle different regions / operations from one location
- Prefer a thorough understanding of the finance/accounting aspects of Offshore DrillingBusiness and of how the various support roles interface (supply chain, human resources, etc.)
- Highly numerate, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities with an inquisitive mind-set to find solutions.
- Ability to communicate both spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to manage senior stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships across different cultures and disciplines.
- Able to perform in an environment that emphasizes teamwork
- Ability to train and supervise junior team members
- Ability to mentor / train other functions in financial awareness and knowledge
- Ability to proactively identify pain points and work with other functions to ensure CI of processes and procedures through root cause analysis and training to ensure long term fix
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Luanda, Luanda, Angola
Application Deadline: N/A