This job listing is about Semtech in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada 2022 exclusively on jobizille.com
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Semtech’s Signal Integrity Products group designs high performance optical networking product platforms that enable hyperscale data center applications, enterprise networking, wireless infrastructure, including 5G fronthaul, 5G midhaul, and passive optical network/Fibre-to-the-X markets.
To put it simply, whenever you use your computer to browse the latest online deals, whenever you use your smartphone to make a video call, most likely, your data is passing through one of many high-speed analog chips designed by the analog IC teams at Semtech. Our experience and expertise ensures we are always pushing the boundaries of networking speed, ensuring the best experience for our end users – you!
Join us, and together we will continue to build a faster, better, and more secure online world for everyone.
As a Senior Analog IC Design Engineer, you will design, verify, and evaluate high-speed (100Gbps and beyond) analog circuits utilizing advanced CMOS FinFet and BiCMOS technologies. You will be using industry standard EDA and simulation tools and will have the opportunity to contribute to improving design best-practices and methodologies.
An important aspect of the position is to mentor junior engineers, enabling the successful candidate to build upon their leadership skills. Additional professional development opportunities include a mix of virtual learning, in-person courses, and technical conferences.
- Design of high-speed IC products from concept through design to manufacturing
- Interface with marketing and applications to define new products and support existing products
- Work effectively with cross functional teams (marketing, sales, applications, product/test engineering) to deliver IC Products
- Technical leadership to more junior design engineers
- System and architectural modelling
- Preparation of technical reviews and product documentation
- Lab evaluation of high-speed analog circuits
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with significant IC design content (Master’s degree preferred) or relevant experience in the field.
- 5+ years of design experience in high-speed CMOS and/or BiCMOS, appreciation of high-speed/RF layout concepts, device models, parasitics, and other non-idealities affecting circuit performance.
- Thorough understanding of analog circuit theory, transmission lines, and device fundamentals.
- Experience with analog CAD tools, such as Cadence Virtuoso or equivalent. RF modelling, Matlab, or system modelling software knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of high-speed components such as VCOs, PLLs, wide-band amplifiers, TIAs, laser drivers, and data converters is a strong asset.
- Hands-on experience with high-speed lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, bit-error rate testers, oscilloscopes coupled with knowledge of scripting languages such as Python are considered assets.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and an ability to excel in a team environment.
Career Growth Philosophy
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
Our Core Values
Semtech core values are the principles that guide our actions. They communicate the minimum behavioural standards required of every employee. The ability to master and represent the core values is therefore very important.
Teamwork and innovation in all areas
- Common purpose – we need to all row in the same direction
- Create an environment that facilitates freedom to innovate & achieve extraordinary results
- Challenge the status quo, take measured risks, and resist conventional thinking
- Learn to win and lose as a team
Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- Attack the problem not the person
- Respect and value diversity of experience, culture, and opinions
- Learn from everyone – peers, subordinates, bosses, competitors, and customers
Honesty and integrity in all we do
- Never compromise your integrity
- Hold everyone accountable and recognize each other’s contributions
- Explicitly communicate goals and standards of behaviour
- Do the right thing even when no one is looking or will ever find out
Open and direct communications
- Communicate clearly and candidly
- Challenge people, but learn to listen
- Focus on what is right not who is right
- Acknowledge that debate contributes to productive meetings
- Focus on efficiencies of time, work effort, decision making and financial expenditures
- Build a plan and work to meet or exceed that plan
- Treat every dollar of the company’s money respectfully
- If in doubt, ask your boss
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A