This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
January 5, 2022
We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join the team as Fundamental Analyst in the Gas Fundamental Analytics Team, part of the Market Analysis unit within Shell Energy Europe and Environmental Products.
What’s The Role
The Gas Fundamental Analytics Team generate trading ideas based on fundamental research and data analysis to add value directly to the bottom line of the trading business. Analysts build detailed fundamental supply and demand models, create forecasting and visualisation tools and maintain gas fundamental data. The team coordinates with other analytics teams within SE-EE and across the group to share market insights across different commodities and geographies.
Trading is a fast paced and dynamic work environment necessitating timely and commercially relevant analysis. Markets are constantly developing and changing, responding in interrelated way to developments not just in supply & demand, but also global macroeconomic conditions and regulation. Candidates need to be comfortable handling uncertainty and working under time pressure. The rewards are a transparent ability to directly impact the bottom line of the company, and a diverse range of challenges which offer significant scope for personal development.
Key Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Building supply and demand models to perform fundamental analysis of the European gas market at a high level of precision and detail, covering production, transport, storage and consumption across different tenors and geographical locations
- Development of predictive forecasting models using various quantitative and qualitative methods
- Development of analytical tools and processes to standardize, improve and automate existing analysis, and to expand the current reach of gas analytics, in collaboration with IT
- Written reporting and verbal presentation of analytical results
- Ad hoc project work in support of gas traders
The Successful Candidate Will Require
What we need from you
- Degree in a numerate and analytically focused discipline e.g. maths, sciences, engineering, finance, economics.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Prior experience in an analytical or quantitative function
- An ability to communicate complex information effectively and succinctly
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to problem solving as part of a team
- In addition, knowledge of traded markets, the European energy system, and programming skills in SQL and Python would be an advantage.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com