Functional Consultant – Salesforce COE in Shell at London, England, United Kingdom
This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
November 22, 2021
Projects and Technology
What’s the role?
The Functional Consultant would need to work with a range of stakeholders from IT, Business, Salesforce and within the CoE up to GM level. They will be accountable for the Line of Businesses (LoB) they support horizontally and offer expert consultancy in the Products in which they are Subject Matter Experts (SMEs across all LoBs. The role is of an Individual Contributor and will report to the Salesforce CoE Functional Workstream Lead
The Functional Consultant Will Be The Focal Point For The CoE In The London / Hague IT Hub For The LoB(s) They Support With The Purpose Of
As a result of Salesforce being positioned strategically as the Market Standard for B2B Customer Engagement, a Centre of Excellence (CoE) has been established.
- Delivering value to the bottom line through the use of Salesforce technology
- Defining & maintaining Architecture, Delivery & Operate standards, processes & tools
- Facing up to the key Business and Business IT stakeholders and be their ‘single go to’ for all things Salesforce
- Increasing Salesforce awareness within Business IT (Contract and Positioning) and driving key strategic opportunities
- Working with the CoE LT to push the Salesforce agenda across Shell as part of its refreshed IT Strategy where Salesforce is positioned strategically
- Managing Salesforce demand and support Business IT and Architecture in building/incorporating Salesforce into IT roadmaps
- Managing relationship between the Business and Salesforce and the commercial relationship
- Generating and promoting Salesforce innovation use in Shell by leveraging new or existing features of Salesforce or by through prototyping and supporting Salesforce pilots to prove value
- Providing an external lens / best practice angle to the Business
- Promoting reusability / own knowledge sharing between different Business areas
- Playing a mentoring role to several nominated Shell individuals to help position them for roles in the CoE going forward
What we need from you?
- Functional experience with strong knowledge of the Salesforce platform and product offerings.
- Ability to shape and translate a technology enabled vision into successful Business outcomes.
- Skills in Service Cloud and/or Marketing Automation would be desirable.
Leadership /Soft Skills
- A commercial mindset coupled with a strong interest in the Business.
- Resilience, courage, and the willingness to challenge and manage business expectations.
- Ability to build strong collaborative partnerships with a range of both Business and IT stakeholders.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org