This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
January 14, 2022
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in
Shell’s current IT landscape has developed over an extended period in response to diverse processes across geographic and business lines, and a lack of data standards (e.g. common Chart of Accounts). It is complex, rigid & expensive, with 100s of applications, and an inconsistent data model, making it difficult to respond to rising business expectations. The core ERPs were not designed to be a digital backbone; with barriers to efficient data analytics or integration; there is no single source of the truth, requiring multiple reconciliations. This is not sustainable, or cost optimized. While there is no immediate concern, at some point in the near future, business demand for faster decision-making, changing business models, regulatory demands for ever more granular and timely reporting, and continued cost pressure will probably go beyond the capacity of the current landscape. The Finance Digital journey will simplify operations and enable timely insight through a standardized IT landscape that supports global data models and processes, improves compliance, and provides additional agility to support future business models and emerging trends
Today we have more than 20 legacy SAP ECC ERP systems of different ages and set up, configured with different functionality, data and process. These existing systems will become end of life by 2030 and will need to be replaced with SAP’s next generation ERP – S/4HANA.
We cannot replace every ERP in the company at the same time. The organisation does not have the capacity to absorb programme effort or change impact – it would create unacceptable risk. It would also create material cash flow pressure. Thus, we need to stagger this replacement programme over the next ten years with the most current thinking being Upstream/IG going first followed by Downstream ERP’s and SERP. The Outlook is that CFIN is necessary in Shell as an integration layer to minimise significant integration costs and disruption; whilst deepening an enterprise-wide standard finance data model. It is a given in our ‘point C’ Finance IT landscape.
Implementing CFIN at the beginning of the S/4HANA journey will accelerate significant benefits from the new technology, standard process, data and real-time insight necessary to meet rapidly increasing business expectations.
What’s the role?
Provide single point solution delivery accountability to deliver the finance digital core (S4 CFIN) program. This includes to drive delivery, budget management, and inter departmental dependencies.
This role requires working closely with a diverse set of Senior Finance stakeholders (EVP, SVP and VPs) in the businesses, process organizations and providing a high degree of integration across the IDT (Information and Digital Technologies) whilst day to day managing many work streams. The successful candidate will regularly present directly to the executive governance. The role requires deep ERP, finance, and transformation experience with a proven track record. Therefore, key components of the role include, Stakeholder Management, Integrated Business and IT Strategy, Value Generation & Protection, IT Portfolio Management, Business transformation and strong external insights and industry/ company /consulting thought leadership and networks.
This role is a unique opportunity to lead one of the first major S/4 programs for Shell that will set the credibility for all future S/4 ERP transformations for the company over the next decade whilst also digital enablement of the finance function and is pivotal to transforming finance to achieve its world class finance ambitions.
- Accountable for the delivery of the CFIN S/4 Solution
- Lead the delivery team with members from Business IT, IDSO, Architecture, IRM, Project engineering, and external vendors
- Leads business stakeholder engagements and seeks to inform, influence and challenge.
- Keep all relevant governance bodies fully informed and avoid surprises.
- Work closely with IT process and Finance experts to ensure that the proposed solutions and outcomes are operating effective, in line with market standards and enterprise standards
- Manage the solution delivery plans, risks, scope, future roadmap and budget in close collaboration with the Business IT Transformation Lead and Head of ERP. Navigate changes to schedule, scope and expected challenges given the size and complexity of the program
- Ensure that the business strategies of world class finance are appropriately translated into the delivered solution
- Ensure that the organization has a systematic approach toward adoption of this digital platform utilizing core IT assets that addresses both the fundamental business goals and business needs. Focus on the business drivers to tangibly measure success which is sustainable.
- Play a critical lead role in leading the specific goals, activities, resources needed within the IT organization to fulfil the strategy
- Interface and collaborate with business facing IT managers, corporate strategic functions, and other relevant key stakeholders both in the business and across IT
What we need from you?
- Extensive IT experience, with senior IT management experience
- Track record of successful execution of cross-functional strategic initiatives and significant change projects in a variety of business settings and situations
- Strong experience is ERP strategy and global business transformation. Affinity with data model design and governance
- Strong and credible delivery track record of complex programs
- Change agent with strong credibility and influencing skills
- Exhibiting leadership attributes:
- Authenticity – Personal integrity, resilience under pressure, clear sense of purpose, honest and open curiosity
- Growth – Adapting to changes in business environment, optimizes risks, innovative, bringing relevant external perspectives
- Collaboration – Create business value, strong business partnering, drive competitive performance, work across internal boundaries and influence without authority
- Performance – Deliver credible, competitive and affordable plans, lead delivery through engagement and accountability, people development, enhance bottom line and competiveness, continuous improvement focus
- Minimum Education: Degree related to IT/ Finance/Economics/Business degree
- Top Tier Consulting experience and knowledge of finance processes desirable
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org