This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
November 15, 2021
Projects and Technology
Do you enjoy working with a highly motivated and talented team to deliver mission critical software? Shell Renewables and Energy Solutions is growing and we as Power Digital Core Operations Engineer, you will play a key role we help deploy, manage, troubleshoot, and enhance our complex cloud-based services for a wide variety of customers where you will be focusing and supporting renewable development efforts for Global Renewables.
Where you fit in?
You will be joining a company which aims to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. Renewables & Energy Solutions (R&ES) mission is to accelerate the energy transition through shaping a market leading, integrated, customer-centric technology vision, and deliver value driven, cost competitive and secure digital capabilities, to meet Shell ambition of being a net zero emissions business by 2050 or sooner.
The Global Renewable solutions (GRS) will be the generation Centre of Excellence for onshore power and offshore wind across all regions for Shell. In addition, GRS will be accountable for scaling Shell’s Energy Access business. The landscape is diverse and involves stakeholders globally with predicted growth in the coming few years. The main components of GRS will be Wind (offshore / onshore), Solar and Energy Access, with a strong focus on customer centricity.
What’s the role?
As a Power Digital Core Operations Engineer, we’ll entrust you to work in collaboration with a wide range of IT Operations teams to build innovative automated IT solutions for ‘Global Renewables Solution’ Portfolio. You will help debug and resolve problems in IT Operations and production environment and prevent them from recurring. Further, you will automate, facilitate and manage virtualized workloads in internal and external clouds. You are also expected to improve infrastructure and processes for higher levels of availability and scalability. You are to monitor and administer service performance in cloud. You will also act as a liaison between our customers and support teams.
Longside, You’ll Be Covering
You will be collaborating with Supplier and Shell staff to understand requirements for AWS and Azure Cloud services that support Shell requirements and strategies. You will also be working closely with suppliers, partners, supplier delivery, Information & Risk Management, and others to ensure Reference architecture and roadmaps and plans can account for business requirements and can be applied effectively. You will need to lead the implementation of standards, reference architectures and practices to guide the use of Shell IT services in business IT projects.
- Setup and maintain operational service performance models focused on Global Customer Solutions Operations.
- Keeping services up and running or getting it back up and running quickly when failure occurs.
- Working closely with internal partners and teams to ensure that we ship software that meets security, compliance, and performance requirements.
- Writing, updating, and using documentation, including runbooks/playbooks.
- Automating work including infrastructure needs, testing, failover solutions and failure mitigation.
- Debugging complex problems across an entire stack and creating solid solutions.
- Provide a strategic view on the Cloud based solutions for existing and future projects.
What we need from you?
We are keen to work with people that are focused on emerging cloud technologies and associated integration capabilities as the market develops. When it comes to nurturing collaborative stakeholder relations, it’s your excellent people skills that will make the difference. Strong communication skills with fluency in English.
Beyond That, We’d Hope To See The Following On Your CV
We’re keen to hear from passionate individuals who are highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manners understood. A professional with a proven track record of IT Operations and commercial acumen. Someone with strong and proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- University degree, such as Information Technology, Information Management, Software Engineering, or related field;
- Knows their way around a Unix/Linux shell, can write shell scripts, and understands Linux internals;
- AWS SySOps Administrator / Developer or Solutions Architect Associate certification;
- Proficient with following technologies Amazon Web Services & or Microsoft Azure. Azure DevOps, Salesforce CRM;
- Experience debugging complex problems;
- Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems;
- Knows Python, Java, Go, Rust, or similar;
- Understands networking and messaging, especially between services;
- Has hands-on experience using source control (Git, GitHub, GitLab) and feature branching strategies;
- Has experience with a variety of open-source databases (Postgres, Redis etc.);
- ITIL v4 Foundation or higher certification;
- Team player, working with the team, as well as the larger organization;
- Proficient in preparation of reports and presentations;
- Ability to convey complex analysis in a concise, understandable manner.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries that aims to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org