This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Family Group
Human Resources Jobs
Posting Start Date
January 26, 2022
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced HR Process Specialist (Workday Compensation). The role is part of a global Digital Pay & Ben Project
which has been established to support Shell’s ongoing initiative to digitise HR. The programme’s focus is the decommissioning of SAP and the migration of Shell’s core HR platform to Workday.
The programme is moving into its next phase which includes the go live of Workday Core and Advanced Compensation for 6 countries at the start of Q2 2022 and the start of testing for all remaining countries which will go live in the second compensation release in 2023 and the the purpose of this role is to support the Process Lead for compensation in completing all remaining design, test and go live activities required to complete the global deployment of Workday compensation.
After go live the role will continue to exist to support the process lead in developing and delivering Shell’s future strategy and Workday configuration to support compensation and advanced compensation (merit and bonus) processes.
As HR Process Specialist for Compensation you will provide additional Workday functional knowledge to the compensation ‘vertical’ workstream. In your role you will be expected to:
- Support the Process Lead for Compensation in finalising outstanding design decisions and representing Shell when collaborating with our implementation partners.
- Ideally also support the Process Lead for Workday Performance Management
- Represent the Compensation vertical, providing subject matter expert input, during meetings with other programme vertical and horizontal teams. Partner with these teams as required to support the overall programme delivery within project timelines.
- Provide subject matter expert support for the planning and execution of all remaining test phases, including preparation and review of test scenarios and scripts and performing test execution as needed.
- Contribute to upskilling material, user guides and other knowledge transfer materials associated with the testing and eventual go live of Workday compensation (delivering upskilling sessions as required).
- Act as an escalation point for issues raised by countries, project analysts or our implementation partners throughout remaining design, test, cutover and hypercare activities.
- Support, coach and develop compensation analysts within the project team, raising their level of expertise in relation to Workday compensation functionality.
- Scale: Shell operates in over 70 countries around the globe, with c. 80,000+ direct employees for whom compensation management needs to migrate successfully to Workday.
- Complexity: Until such time as SAP can be decommissioned, Workday will need to continue to work alongside and integrate to an SAP HR and payroll platform. In additional to the 2 releases of compensation functionality, Shell is also running a number of parallel activities to implement Workday time and attendance and to move payrolls out of SAP. This all introduces significantly more complexity than a stand-alone Workday implementation.
- Data Privacy: Ensuring personal and sensitive data is appropriately managed and protected at all points in the Programme from initial prototyping, through testing and into the full production environment
- Compliance: Ensuring end-to-end process and solution design is fully compliant with legal and fiscal requirements (including SOX) at a global and country-by-country level
- Stakeholder management : internal stakeholder management across HR and IT
- Influencing : Embedding collaborative ways of working across the integrated Process teams (HR/IT and 3rd parties) and with HR Centres of Expertise
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Workday core compensation and advanced compensation functionality, configuration and business process design.
- Knowledge and experience of Workday Performance Management would be beneficial
- 2-4 years working with Workday compensation, supporting the implementation and business as usual operation of the Workday product in a global organisation including the completion of at least two advanced compensation cycles for merit and bonus.
- Prior experience contributing to the design of Workday compensation reports and dashboards is desirable.
- Prior experience working within an HR operations team or within the compensation function.
- Strong communication and change management skills with an ability to work virtually over multiple time zones and cultures.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com