This listing is about Shell in Star, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
January 17, 2022
Make A DifferenceIf you are a Finance Advisor/ Specialist/ Analyst with expertise on values/ risk (e.g. control frameworks concerns, performance management system issues, large investments, complex contracts) and across the spectrum of Finance competencies, then this role is for you.What’s the Role?Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance for opportunities or challenges prioritized based on value and risk. They are responsible for the delivery of the Finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple activities/assets.
control frameworks concerns, performance management system issues, large investments, complex contracts) depending on the requirements, of the specific activity
The Finance Advisor will for a variety of activities/opportunities assigned to them by the Pool (Finance) Manager based on Value/Risk (e.g.
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting and structuring) autonomously and coordinate the involvement of CoEs above pre-agreed thresholds.
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected, and managed
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision making and in performance management.
- Ensure a fit-for-purpose performance management system is in place.
- In activities where FO and Business act together to deliver, lead/initiate structural improvement projects and leaves the accountability for delivery with the accountable people (the Finance Advisor is explicitly not acting as an ad hoc fixer to mitigate process performance issues).
- Brings new proposals of high-value activities to the Pool Manager who decides on the resource allocation. For example (in initiating digitalization projects and acting as a connector between FO and the business).
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non-value-adding Finance activity (“demand management”).
- Maximize use of Finance Operations in the delivery of processes.
INTERFACES: Finance Advisors, as part of a pool supporting the business:
- Work on various opportunities across multiple activities/assets and are not dedicated to a specific activity, asset, or business partner. The work they perform will change over time and be prioritized based on value and risk, and professional development.
- Will work on specific projects/transactions and work with business stakeholders to work as the voice of Finance to deliver as “One Finance” with the (CoE) and Finance Operations.
- Acts across organizational boundaries as required in the specific activity (e.g. across Finance for an opportunity across all DS CoBs).
What we need from you:
- At least 8-10 years of experience in Finance
- Expertise across the spectrum of Finance competencies.
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value, and risk.
- Maturity and authority to decide when to involve CoEs and effectively play the independent Finance role.
- Problem-solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to the commercial decision-making process and risk management bringing analytics and insights to the table
- Project management skills and flexibility given the support across multiple activities/assets.
- Ability to rapidly understand the specific business or function context for which activities in the pool concept are linked to.
Finance Advisors Will Benefit From
- Opportunity to contribute to the delivery of a or multiple businesses/function-specific Finance agenda.
- Broad opportunities for development as a result of pooled working, where there will be more variety and complexity in the experiences an Advisor will get over their job tenure.
- Ability to apply Finance skills to a variety of business activities and gain a better understanding of end-to-end value chains Enhanced peer learning opportunities (knowledge sharing) due to commonalities of activities performed by pool members. This will be more “pull” than “push”.
- Developing the capability to quickly understand the value drivers, risks, dimensions, and business players a (new) part of the business the pool supports.
- Learning how and when to appropriately leverage Business Finance, CoE, and FO to effectively support the business/function, thereby developing an ability to take overall Finance accountability.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Star, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com