This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
November 23, 2021
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in?
Shell Energy Europe are looking for talented “lead” and “senior” IT & Digital Advisors to join the European team within the Trading division – specifically focused on gas, power, and environmental products. The IT Advisor role is a key leadership role in the IT delivery team, responsible liaising with the business to help understands their requests and working closely with the business to align the IT portfolio plans and strategy with the business operating plans and strategy. Multiple roles are available depending on experience.
Shell Energy Europe & our global Environmental Product business is a rapidly expanding team tasked with helping the business grow and expand. Business overview:
Our Power business’s core focus is the trading and optimisation of electricity within Europe. As part of the energy transition there is an ambition to grow a book of Power Purchase Agreements (PPA’s) that will increase the size of green power generation that Shell manages as well as supply carbon certificates to the Shell group. As the core trading hub for Power in Europe in Shell the team also support Shell Renewable and Energy Solutions in the connection and sales of renewable power from assets that Shell Renewable and Energy Solutions have bought or constructed and supplies power for Shell Renewable and Energy Solutions to sell on to its Business (B2B) and Domestic (B2C) customers. The growth ambitions mean that a scaling up of capabilities to manage renewable power generation and trade in the fast-paced, highly automated intraday markets is required. This scale-up to support the business is alongside enhancing and building on existing solutions for trading and market data.
Our gas business is a leading supplier and trader of gas across all European key gas markets.
The business is responsible for growing third parties flow while continuing to maximize the value of Shell equity flow in European markets. Our strategy focusses on trading through the energy transition by position taking on the basis of fundamental and digitally enabled analytics, development of renewable gas, development of new end user markets and increasing automation and use of advanced trading techniques
We are a recognized leader in environmental trading, with over a decade of experience in all key global carbon emission markets – both voluntary and regulated. Our future focus is to drive scale and reach: construct global portfolios that connect multiple markets and achieve sustainability. Our Environmental Products business is at the centre of helping both Shell and other businesses around the world reduce their carbon intensity on the path to net zero emissions.
What’s the role?
The Key Focus Areas Of The IDTA Role Are
The Information Technology & Digital Advisor (ITDA) role provides support to the Head of Information Technology & Digital (IDTM) to deliver bottom line value to the business through implementation of innovative, new IT & Digital solutions and harvesting existing IT assets to enable the achievement of the business strategy, value drivers and KPIs.
Relationship Management: Support the IDTMs with a One Team mindset; work closely together with business stakeholders to understand and influence how IT and the business can align strategic success goals, challenge the business to deliver value for IT dollars invested.
Business Intelligence: Understand the Business and Industry landscape, including strategic priorities, challenges and how this relates to the wider enterprise strategy and competitive landscape.
Integrated IT and Business Strategy: Understand the business strategy and work with the product teams and architecture to develop an IT strategy that supports it. Understand how IT is contributing to the business and help to present that connection back to business leadership.
IT Portfolio Management: Work with the IDTMs to manage demand, capture business requirements and agree on business outcomes. Support the IDTMs with the IT Strategic Plan for their business area, ensuring decisions consider the full lifecycle of the portfolio optimizing investments, operational costs, health, and risks to drive business value.
Value Generation: Develops robust business cases with the business capturing IT expenditures, business changes and business benefits incorporating IT and business performance metrics, measurements, and benefits.
Innovation: The IDTA is key in identifying and scoping opportunities for IT to support business outcomes, present new ideas to business stakeholders and to obtain business buy in.
Your Accountabilities Would Include
- Elicit details of demands from stakeholders at all levels
- Refine and challenge demands and business cases to eliminate ambiguity, conflict and duplication and ensure that they fit with the business strategy
- Lead and document initial business demand workshops.
- Work with product owners, product managers and architecture on design options and potential systems and process solutions.
- Help the business sponsor to prepare business cases for prioritisation.
- Work with the business to ensure IT have a clear understanding of the business strategy
- Work with architecture to ensure they have the information they need to develop the architecture vision for the key products or systems in the portfolio
- Work with the product teams in their portfolio to ensure they have product roadmaps that support the business strategy
- Manage the process of developing the annual IT budgets by working with business and product teams and project managers to turn business demands or product roadmaps into deliverable resource plans
- Ensure that the plans and deliverables from the delivery teams are aligned with the business operating plan and key business outcomes
- Ensure the product and delivery teams are capturing and reporting the key business metrics that show how they are contributing to the business plan
What we need from you?
Essential Domain Experience
- Extensive experience of working in multiple European Gas and/or Power and/or Environmental Products trading environments.
- Experience of Gas and/or Power Trading, Gas Supply and/or Power Generation and Gas and/or Power Retail businesses.
- Experience of the whole end to end deal lifecycle in trading – front to back office
- Experience with applying market analysis and fundamentals technology capabilities to the Gas and/or Power and/or global environmental products markets.
- A Subject Mater Expert – capable of challenging assumptions and driving out the fundamental goals and priorities of the business.
Essential Leadership Experience
- IT management, business partnering, forming relationships, stakeholder management, analysis and problem-solving skills, good communication and leadership skills
- Working collaboration, team building, and customer service
- Working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Running effective meetings and getting buy-in and participation from executive leaders
- Facilitating governance, portfolio reviews, and other related meetings
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org