This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Human Resources Jobs
Posting Start Date
January 18, 2022
If you have a keen interest in the Energy Transition and are energized by the opportunity to shape and deliver the talent strategy of Shell, this could be an opportunity for you! The Energy Transition and Future of Work trends are changing our business environment, the way we work and types of capabilities/skills we need to thrive.
As a Recruiter, you will be accountable for the delivery of hiring needs for Shell in the UK. You will have primary accountability for an assigned portfolio (TBC), while operating flexibly within a team of resourcing professionals to support the resourcing of roles across segments and geographies. You will be working closely with HR Business Partners/Talent Advisors/Talent & Resourcing Operations/Employer Brand & Talent Attraction (EBTA)/Resourcing Delivery, as part of natural teams to develop and deliver the business resourcing priorities.
You’ll be part of our UK, Middle East and North Africa recruitment team, focusing on experienced-hire recruitment for one of our key UK growth businesses. We’re a diverse team, based across multiple locations, with a blend of different backgrounds and experiences. 2022 is set to be a year of significant growth for Shell in the UK and strong recruitment delivery will be key to our success. It’s a vibrant place to work, with countless opportunities to grow professionally and develop your skillset, whether your longer-term focus is specific to recruitment or part of a broader HR career plan.
What’s The Role
- Partnering with the business and translating the business resourcing strategy to actionable plans to deliver with speed, cost effectiveness and hiring of quality talent.
- Managing the internal resourcing of selected positions, end to end resourcing of external positions, including attraction, jointly conducting job brief meetings and aligning on sourcing strategy, assessment, leading of the offer making process, in line with Resourcing targets and key performance indicators.
- Identify and source both active and passive Talents by using various sourcing techniques (i.e., Boolean search, LinkedIn Recruiter, etc.).
- Leveraging on contingent workforce insights in partnership with our Contractor Service Desk, and other internal/external data insights to develop an integrated resourcing approach.
- Developing trusted relationships with partners (hiring managers, country/business HR/Talent Advisors) to understand business priorities, roles, and talent needs both in the short and longer term.
- Being an ambassador for Shell internally and externally while ensuring continued focus on candidate centricity and hiring manager satisfaction.
- Actively participating in the global community of recruiters by skills/lines of business to work towards the collective delivery of business resourcing priorities
- Championing and ensuring Diversity & Inclusion remains at the core of the end-to-end resourcing process.
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities, maintaining operational excellence and adopting consistent, globally standardized resourcing processes.
- Participating in projects that contribute towards our broader organizational priorities and Integrated Resourcing ambitions.
What We Need From You
- Experience in recruitment processes (end to end), practices, systems, HR policies and local employment law or generalist HR experience is required.
- Experience in business partnering and possessing strong relationship management by developing an understanding of different stakeholder needs and the business/industry.
- Experience in direct sourcing including LinkedIn.
- Data analytics skills to review/anticipate/adjust current priorities and needs.
- A strong curiosity to learn and actively contributes to create a psychologically safe and inclusive environment within which teams and individuals can thrive.
- Strong team orientation; able to proactively contribute to the Integrated Resourcing team, country HR team and others. Works effectively in virtual, diverse teams.
- Strong knowledge of candidate sourcing, attraction approach, assessment and offer negotiation.
- This role is open to flexible working options
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing gender and ethnicity gaps – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org