This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
January 7, 2022
Where you fit in
The Trading Commodity Finance (TCF) team delivers world class commodity lending and structured finance solutions to Shell Trading’s customers. Shell Trading is one of the world’s largest commodity energy traders and TCF plays a key role in supporting the growth and sustainability of the trading portfolio globally.
What’s the role?
This role offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with Traders, Business Developers and Group Treasury through the provision of world class financial structuring solutions that supports delivery of commodity trading margin.
This is a global role that sits within the Trading Commodity Finance (TCF) team, which is the “centre of expertise” for all structured finance in Shell Trading. The TCF Advisor reports into the Head of Trading Commodity Finance and works in a pool of TCF Advisors and Technical experts based in London, Lagos, Houston, and Singapore.
The role entails opportunity identification, development of appropriate structures, significant interaction with external stakeholders – including banks and other financing parties – risk mitigation, economic evaluation and coordination with Group Treasury and other specialist functions such as Credit, Legal and Tax
The successful individual will play a key role in the TCF team, by ensuring the provision of world class business decision support on all long-term financing transactions. This will include developing optimum deal structures, supporting and at times leading negotiations with counterparties and other external entities involved in a transaction, carrying out detailed model reviews, challenging the strategic deal rationale, managing the governance and approval process, leading the documentation process and fostering a continuous learning culture. There is also a requirement to remain current with latest trends and developments in the structured commodity finance market.
The Key Interfaces For The TCF Finance Advisor Are
- Working with Traders and Business Development teams to support the origination and structuring of trading deals that entail financing.
- Working with key internal stakeholders and functional experts and senior Shell Trading and Treasury leadership.
- Working with the Borrower and other external parties such as banks, PE funds, legal firms, insurance companies and brokers who may be involved in a transaction.
What We Need From You
The role must effectively challenge and influence commercial transactions, whilst remaining bottom line focused and a partner to the business. It is crucial to understand and effectively articulate the underlying business factors driving the financial results; exercise commercial judgment; understand and assess risks and exposures.
This is a global role, with TCF being a key business enabler in regions such as the FSU, Latin America, the North Sea, North America and West Africa.
The Ideal Experience And Qualifications Are
- Banking, Trading or other similar financial structuring and/ or commodity lending experiences .
- Expertise across the spectrum of Finance competences.
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk.
- Maturity and authority to decide when to involve other support functions or subject matter experts.
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process and risk management, bringing analytics and insights to the table.
- Project management skills and flexibility given the support across multiple T&S businesses/ commodities.
- Ability to effectively challenge whilst remaining bottom line focused
- Speed of business understanding
- Strong business/customer focus
- Effective communicator at all levels
In this role you will benefit from:
- The opportunity to contribute to the delivery of the Shell Trading bottom line.
- Opportunities to develop specialist financial structuring and risk management competencies through participation in a broad range of deals across different commodities and geographies.
- The chance to support the energy transition through structuring of innovative financing solutions for nature based and low carbon deal opportunities
- Developing an in-depth understanding of trading and supply end-to-end value chains.
- Developing the capability to quickly problem solve and evaluate deal opportunities, including honing in on the material value drivers, risks, and scenarios that need to be considered.
- How to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and learning base culture which is underpinned by our core values of honesty, integrity and respect
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com