This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Commercial and Retail
Posting Start Date
January 21, 2022
This is a newly created role within the European Key Accounts Team, which has the mandate to provide energy supply and cleaner energy solutions to multi-national companies seeking to reduce the carbon footprint of their global Operations.
Where you fit in
Shell Trading integrates a worldwide trading network with an unsurpassed global portfolio in crude oil, refined products, natural gas, electrical power, and chemicals and its main locations in London, Houston, Calgary, Singapore, Dubai, Rotterdam, and Barbados. Shell Trading is one of the world’s largest energy traders and is a key part of the Royal Dutch/Shell portfolio.
Shell Energy – Europe & Environmental Products (SE-EE) markets and trades natural gas and power across Europe and manages the environmental products business globally. SE-EE’s counterparties include major resource holders of gas, upstream producers, investment banks, trading houses, utilities and aggregators, power generators and large industrial and commercial gas and power users.
What’s the role?
The role, reporting into the Markets business of SE-EE, will allow to expand the breadth and width of our collaboration with large energy users, with a cross-country and cross-commodity approach.
The offering to these corporates will require ability to originate commercial opportunities and to tailor energy solutions that will help large business customers navigate successfully through the energy transition and manage their energy portfolio, while securing sustainable value for Shell.
This role will be instrumental in supporting the current efforts in identifying global customers, in Europe, that have aggressive sustainability targets. The successful candidate will be a key team member of the European key accounts team supporting Shell’s goal of providing more and cleaner energy to some of the largest companies in the world.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Manage the deal funnel of European corporates and of those Global companies which have European footprint, ensuring alignment with the ongoing activities across key European markets
- Develop cross commodity propositions, integrating power, gas, offsets, and progress behind the meter and sustainable fuels solutions with New Energies to support business growth across Europe
- Support Key Accounts team to deliver P&L targets related to European, global key accounts, directly for markets where we don’t have offices, and through local origination for markets where we have offices
- Support in implementation of Key Account management: establish connections, nurture close relationship, shape structured negotiations and execute the deal closure
- Alongside European Key Accounts team, support strategic business with large corporates in specific sectors, working with the appropriate originators responsible in each country
- Responsible for liaison with customers to coordinate efforts to ensure effective engagements and follow up of the activities that are agreed with the customer
- Utilize knowledge of Power & Gas markets, Environmental Products, Risk Management and Renewable Energy markets/tools to develop credibility and relationships at senior levels at targeted customers
- Knowledge level (or better, competence) in understanding of models/structures for wholesale and/or retail origination products
- Maintain/develop familiarity with changing technology in Renewable Energy / Storage / Connected Energy (Behind the Meter) space
- Align internally with support functions such as Credit, Legal, KYC etc. to deliver best in class Sales 1st behaviors (Pipeline / Opportunity development, Call Planning & Reporting, KYC & Compliance, Account Strategies, etc.)
What we need from you?
The Successful Candidate Is Required To
- Ability to support engagements with CEO level of large corporates
- Ability to develop and structure cross-commodity deals and to pitch them to top management and diverse counterparties
- Ability to shape longer tenor deals which represent potentially multimillion-dollar value sales deal
- Proven customer facing commercial experience with P&L responsibilities
- Demonstrate Track record in deal closure, ideally in multiple countries
- Experience in gas and power sales is a plus
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management
- Demonstrate resilience under pressure and a proactive attitude to overcome hurdles
- Deep understanding of Customer drivers and Market insights
- Demonstration of leadership capability through the leadership attributes of authenticity, growth, collaboration and performance
- Multi-language skills will be a desirable plus
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org