This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
January 27, 2022
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in
This is a unique opportunity to play an active role in Shell’s transition towards digital and customer centric company by working with stakeholders to specify, design and select information systems that deliver great value to the organization in Downstream Mobility Site Systems, Network, Non-Fuel Retailing by driving solution in with on-premises and cloud-based technologies.
What’s the role?
- Liaison with the organization to understand organization and departmental strategy and agree information systems solutions to meet needs
- Maintain an awareness of business solutions particularly in Retail site system solutions, Back office and head office systems integrations, Loyalty, Payments, Marketing and Site Engineering area
- Lead in designing, specifying, and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure, and performance
- Contribute and maintain market level models of Retail Site systems and Head office current and future Application Architecture aligned to Retail Segments Architectures
- Contribute and maintain market level road maps for and future web architecture and design a structure that is reusable, commercially viable and secure
- Contribute to the organization in exploiting technology currently available is market space and use knowledge of IT solutions to drive organizational change and support business process design.
- Liaison with IT Managers for Estimated cost and prepare business cases for IT solutions
- Work with Segment architects, Data architects and infrastructure architects for Reusable strategic product solution, data security and governance and infrastructure, licenses, development, and support respectively
- Work with the Project Managers and Business Analysts to develop high level project design, contribute to schedule resource plans for implementation projects
What we need from you?
- Professional experience in a senior technical role such as technical lead, team lead, architect, or other hands-on leadership role ideally for a major consultancy or system integrator
- Hands-on solution-design experience in any popular cloud platform is mandatory
- Solid foundation around cloud-based data ingestion, data storage, data processing, data archival, backup, replication, retention, data removal concepts are essential
- Clear understanding of fundamentals and differences in solution design around PaaS, IaaS, SaaS and how common functional capabilities – data ingestion, data storage, data processing, component security, access control evolve around each of these patterns
- Adherence to various security best practices, industry standard regulations, security specific controls, legal implications to enterprise scale cloud-based solution is essential
- Experience in cloud-based component design, configuration, security design, Design of Role Based Access Controls will be required
- Experience cost optimization strategies, performance optimization strategies, security strategies, data access management strategies, backup-recovery strategies on cloud-based solution will be required
- Solid hands-on implementation knowledge of integration architecture using industry standard integration technologies to build enterprise scale Extract Transform Load framework for the scenarios of on-premises to cloud, cloud to cloud, cloud to on-premises, cloud to external
- Experience in design patterns to integrate and manage data from diversified sources in various modes- batch, real-time, near real time
- Very clear concept around usage of cloud-based protocols, tools, services depending on various business requirement, in alignment to cost and budget, will be essential
- Solid understanding of cloud-based identity management, access controls, authorization in the scenarios of B2B, B2C are essential
- Understanding of organization strategy and ability to design information systems to delivery that strategy & value delivery
- Experiencing in assessing a broad range of information solutions and products particularly document management, collaboration, and content management
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Some experience of with working with board level stakeholders
- Ability to develop solution architecture designs. Experience in designing data flow patterns
- Experience of developing Services Orientated Architectures (SOA)& Micro Services
- Experience in Functional Mapping of Business Processes and Product features
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
- Working knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, routers, etc.
- Experience of working in IoT (Internet of Things) based solution architecture will be given additional preference
- Understanding of Device Management, Device provisioning, Device Enrolment, Edge Device related security architecture and connections patterns will be useful
- Lead and participate in multi-disciplinary architecture and design teams for architecting digital solutions. Provide an overall solution framework for the vendor teams, integrate solutions from them and resolve conflicts
- Strong background in integration architecture & implementation of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Articulate benefits of digital architectures and their benefits by drawing comparisons against the current state architecture
- Comfortable with designing RESTful APIs
- Ideally formal qualification in Enterprise Architecture (e.g. TOGAF) or formal qualifications in technology.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org