This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
January 24, 2022
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in?
Shell Energy Europe are looking for a talented and dedicated Product Manager to join our European Power Trading digital portfolio. The product manager is a key role within software delivery teams as they accountable for the digital products that are under their remit, essentially acting as the leader of their product teams. The roles faces-off to the business Product Owner, the Information, Digital, and Technology (IDT) strategy lead and the organisation (Shell Energy Europe) as a whole to ensure their products meets the agreed business objectives and enables the outcomes set out in the Shell ‘Powering Progress’ strategy.
Balancing Services is the area within European Power Digital Portfolio that supports the organisation by providing software solutions that enable us to be a Balance Responsible Party in our core European markets. This entails allowing us to reconcile our imbalances from our customers all the way to the system operator and support any commercial opportunities with analysis and modelling solutions.
What’s the role?
As a Product Manager, you will be accountable for the following:
- Building, leading, and inspiring a team to deliver the Product roadmap against the prevailing lifecycle, sourcing capability from across the organisation. Focus actions against product attributes of desirability, feasibility, and viability.
- Sets the culture of the team and ensures it can evolve with the needs of the product.
- Person who ultimately decides who joins the team
- Managing the product team of their day-to-day delivery accountabilities
- Balances the needs of the team and the product to ensure on a day-to-day basis
- Co-creating, with the Product Owner, a compelling vision for the product through intimate understanding and appreciation of the market, business value stream, and user/customer journey.
- Driving engagement with Digital finance teams to select the right funding and recovery model, informing decisions around product investment through defined roadmaps and backlogs.
- Inspires the use of and selflessly share into the Product team a range of insights (internal and external, quantitative and qualitative) to inform product vision, innovation, discovery and delivery work.
- Frames what success looks like and ensure the Product team understand and apply Product success metrics to their work
What we need from you?
We are keen to hear from candidates who have the following experience and background on their CV:
- You must have experience of working in a technology role that dealt with the balancing rules in Great Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Germany and Netherlands
- You must have a base understanding of the European energy markets and their relationship with imbalance charges,
- You must have experience of typical Balance Responsible Party and Supplier relationships and what data is provided to both parties and what typical business processes and use case require the sharing the data obtained by one of the parties
- You must have knowledge of how of the best methods upon which imbalance risk can be priced and transfers between Balance Responsible Party and Supplier
- Having experience of trade structures with a focus on Profit & Loss explained is desirable
- Having experience of analytics methods with both a business impact and technology choices is Desirable
- You have knowledge of using cost trackers to forecast future costs and provide commentary on current costs
- You have an understanding of how to use financial data and translate into a narrative about their current state of a digital product
- You have experience of creating Objectives & Key Results and other metrics to measure the success of your team
- You have experience in making dispassionate and strategic decisions around the people in your team
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org