This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
January 25, 2022
Where you fit in?
The size and complexity of Shell Trading & Supply (T&S) has increased substantially over the past few years and the expectations around risk management from a regulatory perspective have also shifted for Energy trading. We are therefore strengthening the risk management capabilities of the organization from a people, process, data and systems perspective in both the first and second lines of defence.
The Operational Risk analyst is a new second line role which will report to the Head of Operational Risk Coverage supporting all lines of business and regions. The Shell T&S hubs are in London, Houston, Rotterdam, Dubai and Singapore, with global activities. You will be exposed to all aspects of T&S across the commercial businesses, operations and functions (Finance, Risk, Compliance etc.). It is a good introduction to learning about what T&S do and how they manage the operational risk which is generated by the business.
What is the role?
You Will Work Alongside The More Senior Members Of The Operational Risk Coverage Team (a Team Of 9 Including This Position) To Support Them In
- Providing business-facing expertise and guidance on Operational Risk topics within T&S;
- Advising commercial leadership teams and the Business Integration and Assurance Managers (BIAMs, responsible for risk management in the first line) on how to apply and operationalise the policies and procedures describing the framework for the Risk Management Approach within their business as they relate to operational risk;
- Supporting and partnering with the business/BIAM teams to implement components of the integrated framework for the Risk Management Approach providing appropriate training, ongoing guidance and respectful challenge;
- Supporting business decisions by providing advice and direction to the commercial businesses on the health of the T&S control frameworks for Operational Risk;
- Supporting the generation of operational risk profiles for each region/business;
- Promoting a positive risk culture which supports a “Learner Mindset” around operational risk issues and encourages learnings from incidents;
- Supporting documentation of Control Learning Events (or equivalent “lessons learned”) by 1LOD and, where appropriate, facilitate the “read across” to other parts of T&S;
- Supporting the commercial business in assessing the design and effectiveness of business controls for Operational Risk whilst providing independent challenge and independent assurance where appropriate.
What we need from you?
We’d hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- High quality written and visual presentation skills (Word, PowerPoint);
- Excellent attention to detail, methodical, organized;
- Resilient when working under pressure, with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines;
- Self-starter, highly motivated, outcome driven;
- Good judgement to provide advice, question discrepancies, escalate issues;
- Learner mindset: innovative and creative, excellent problem-solving capabilities.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com