This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Commercial and Retail
Posting Start Date
January 28, 2022
What’s The Role
Shell Energy Europe & Environmental Products is seeking a Power Market Fundamental Analysis for Europe. This position is supporting traders with analysis developed from a deep understanding of the key short-term and mid-term drivers such as generation (wind, solar, gas fired, coal fired, etc.) transmission, regulatory, and demand. This position must build credibility with internal customers so that such foresight can be translated into commercial gain primarily in the trading business function. The emphasis is on developing both qualitatively and quantitatively advantaged capabilities, supported as appropriate by models, tools and techniques that yield high quality insight. Collaborating with peers in the Power Fundamentals team to build scalability in this respect is essential.
- Deliver market view to support trading decisions.
- Research and understand the fundamentals drivers related to supply/demand/transmission in the context of modelling focused on developing forward pricing views.
- Monitor market developments in market designegulatory issues that could impact prices.
- Work closely with short-term natural gas and emission analysts in market view development.
What We Need From You
- Good knowledge in energy economics
- Strong knowledge of the European Energy Markets
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent IT skills incl. ability to model in main languages as Python and in the MS Windows environment (particularly Excel), Experience interfacing with databases (SQL)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or any related degrees required.
- Experience in Power Fundamentals is a must.
- Demonstrated understanding of power fundamentals.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org