This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
December 15, 2021
Projects and Technology
Where do you fit in?
As IT Operations Manager for Global Customer Solutions, you will be a catalyst to the Shell businesses, enabling them to provide customer led green energy solutions.
If you have a passion for delivering high quality end to end IT operations, modernizing portfolio and enjoy a strong sense of accomplishment every day, this is a great opportunity to join this diverse team. As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing the energy industry in the coming decades is considerable. IT specialists are vital to how we leverage and deliver global digital solutions. Renewables & Energy Solutions (R&ES) mission is to accelerate the energy transition through shaping a market leading, integrated, customer-centric technology vision, and deliver value driven, cost competitive and secure digital capabilities, to meet Shell ambition of being a net zero emissions business by 2050 or sooner.
Our vision is to be a catalyst to the Shell businesses, enabling them to provide customer led green energy solutions. Global Customer Solutions is a (new) global business which is focused on integration across regions and across Shell businesses. It provides deep customer insights to drive innovative Customer Value Proposition and product development, it develops those longer-term integrated power products for the B2C and B2B markets, and it manages four of the Shell business sectors to drive decarbonization in the Tech Sector, City Sector, Commercial and Industrial sectors. This portfolio is heavily innovation and product centric.
What’s the role?
In this role, you will have single point of accountability for Secure, Reliable and Affordable IT Operations as well as delivery of value-add IT services within our rapidly growing Renewables & Energy Solutions IT landscapes. You will directly contribute to the development and support of global products for our B2B and B2C markets.
- Delivery of the day-to-day application services according to the agreed Service Levels. SLA performance monitoring and reporting,
- Ensures applications and services remain available, are delivered in a secure manner, and performs appropriate oversight on any changes to the landscapes.
- Manages communication to the business on all IT service issues, concerns as well as applicable performance reporting connected with a Customer Satisfaction/Experience Measure.
- Supplier Planning & Management (including contracts and licenses)
- Incident, Change and Release Management (incl life cycle management, upgrades of software & infra components)
- Works with the IT Manager, IT Advisors and Product Line Managers to determine business demand for existing and new IT services.
- Support Project Delivery and Transition to Support activities
- Implements new operational capabilities, in close co-operation between Business IT and Product Line.
- Ensures Information Risk Management and compliance in the portfolio.
- Drives structural improvements and financial transparency of the operational delivery to the business.
What we need from you?
When it comes to nurturing collaborative stakeholder relations, it’s your excellent people and communication skills that will make the difference.
Beyond That, We’d Hope To See The Following On Your CV
We’re keen to hear from passionate individuals who are highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manners. A professional with a proven track record of IT delivery with increased agility and high velocity. Someone with strong and proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology / Computer Science or other relevant discipline. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Strong IT management, business partnering, forming relationships, stakeholder management, analysis and problem-solving skills, good communication and leadership skills.
- Global scale: Experience with managing IT strategy & application service development and delivery at Enterprise level.
- Proficient with following technologies Amazon Web Services & or Microsoft Azure. Azure DevOps, Salesforce, Cloud Native, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- AWS SySOps Administrator / Developer or Solutions Architect Associate certification.
- ITIL v4 Managing Professional certification.
- Trained on Agile Mindset and Scrum Framework (DevOps)
- Leads by example, motivates, inspires, and coaches team members effectively.
- Passionate and dedicated, deliver results with excellence. Operates with a champion customer delivery mindset.
- Experienced to work across multidisciplinary teams and matrix organizations for the effective and efficient integration of IT services.
- Resilient under pressure. Demonstrated ability to maintain composure, to be adaptable in difficult situations.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org