This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
January 5, 2022
As a Regulated Activities Data Analyst, you will be part of Shell’s Energy business while working closely with our Trading and Supply teams.
Where do you fit in?
Shell Trading & Supply integrates a worldwide trading network with an unsurpassed global portfolio in crude oil, reﬁned products, natural gas, electrical power and chemicals, from its main locations across the world. Shell Trading & Supply is one of the world’s largest energy traders and is a key part of the Royal Dutch Shell portfolio.
Shell Energy – Europe Gas & Power and Environmental Products (SE-EE) markets and trades natural gas and power across Europe and manages Shell’s environmental products business globally. SE-EE’s counterparties include major resource holders of gas, upstream producers, investment banks, trading houses, utilities, power generators and large industrial and commercial gas and power users.
The SE-EE Contracts team supports the SE-EE trading business and is responsible for managing the entire trading contracts process from drafting and negotiating agreements through to timely conﬁrmation and reporting of individual trades.
What’s the role?
You will play a key role in the Transaction Reporting (TR) process, ensuring that SE-EE remains compliant with its European and Asian regulatory reporting obligations, primarily REMIT, EMIR and MAS.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining tools/MI that the Regulated Activities team use to monitor compliance against our regulatory obligations as well as performing root cause analysis on errors, working closely with internal IT and external service providers such as Equias, DTCC, ICE, Trioptima to develop solutions.
In this role, you will also be responsible for developing and producing KPIs and other Management Information for regular reporting to senior management within Shell. You would also need to leverage on your collaboration skills to work with our trading teams to improve accuracy of deal entry with respect to Transaction Reporting.
Furthermore, Your Accountabilities Are As Follows
- Maintain trade booking / trade confirmation system mappings across different counterparties and markets.
- Develop new processes and tools to improve Transaction Reporting timeliness and accuracy.
- Work with commercial and compliance stakeholders to understand requirements for new business and implement solutions to increase Transaction Reporting capability as SE-EE expands into new markets and products.
- Proactively stay informed about internal system changes and external regulatory developments. Work with IT and compliance teams to keep Transaction Reporting infrastructure up to date.
- Participate in industry working groups to build knowledge and remain up to speed with industry best practices in Transaction Reporting
What do we need from you?
Beyond That, We’d Hope To See As Many Of The Following As Possible On Your CV
We’re keen to hear from individuals who have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or otherwise quantitative subject or equivalent experience.
- Ability to analyse expansive data sets and quickly extract useful information and/or spot discrepancies
- Strong proficiency with software applications, including MS Excel, Visual Basic, SQL, Power Query and familiarity with Azure databases
- Proven track record of developing new tools and processes to meet changing business requirements
- Ability to identify risks and ineﬃciencies in existing processes
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to communicate clear recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple conﬂicting priorities to meet internal and external deadlines
- Knowledge of energy trading regulations (primarily REMIT, EMIR plus Dodd Frank, MAS, FINFRAG)
- Familiarity with oil, natural gas, electricity and financial markets and experience in a trading environment
- Ability to collaborate within team and as part of the wider organisation, openly sharing views and perspectives and encouraging others to share opinions
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org