This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
January 11, 2022
What’s the role?
The Trade Control Analyst is responsible for T0 trade entry controls to ensure trade data accuracy across the Shell Energy – Europe & Environmental Products business.
Key Accountabilities Include
- Ensure T0 completeness and accuracy for all SE-EE trades (across Gas, Power and Environmental Products).
- Work with IT to develop automated checks and exceptions dashboard(s) to enable efficient validation of a large volume of trades.
- Manage static and reference data in ETRM.
- Support producing meaningful KPIs to recognize pain points and to help allocate resources.
- Create and scalable processes to enable business to grow in controlled manner.
- Establish documented ways of working for the TC team.
- Engage in daily basis with exchanges, trading platforms, counterparties, and brokers to solve discrepancies.
What we need from you?
The Ideal Candidate Will Be Able To Demonstrate
- Experience of working in a trading operationsisk environment. Experience of gas, power, environmental products and/or other energy commodities is preferred but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate within team and as part of the wider organisation, openly sharing views and perspectives and encouraging others to share opinions.
- Good sense of urgency and ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Ability to analyse commercial structures and identify potential issues and/or exposures.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Ability to identify risks and inefficiencies in existing processes, solve problems and implement improvements.
- Flexibility and can-do attitude.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org