This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Commercial and Retail
Posting Start Date
January 28, 2022
Projects and Technology
Have you ever dreamed of working in a truly End to End business? You can follow the products Bitumen and Sulphur from production at the refinery via blending terminals, external customers straight to the end users by giving advise during production, transport, storage and application supported by a European team of experts and a laboratory equipped with the latest technology.
Where You Fit In
The role of the bitumen senior application specialist UK/Ireland is part of the European technical team and reports to the regional technology manager for Europe and Africa. Whilst working in Projects and Technology you will have close contacts to all functions, e.g., Sales, Marketing, Operations in the VP-ships Construction and Roads (Bitumen) as well as Agriculture and Forestry (Sulphur) (both VP-ships being part of the EVP-ship Sectors and Decarbonization). As Shell is moving ahead in the energy transition there is a strong focus on sustainability and digitalization.
What is the Role?
As the bitumen senior application specialist UK/Ireland you will be leading the technology support for the UK/Ireland cluster in collaboration with the bitumen application advisor. Your mission will be to provide high quality and fit for purpose products to our customers as well as technical recommendations. You’ll be working closely with country sales, marketing, supply and operations teams to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the business targets.
One part of achieving business targets is also reducing Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) by working closely with manufacturing and operations teams to optimise the UK/Ireland product portfolio.
Specifically, You Will
- Commit to Goal Zero- striving to a generative HSSE culture
- Maintain/develop customer intimacy by initiating technical cooperation with key customers for mutual benefit in close co-operation with account managers
- Work closely with the Construction & Road business, the global technical team, the marketing, and the business development team to identify the decarbonization needs of our customers and to implement the technical solutions available or develop new solutions
- From a technology perspective, identify customers or local market unspoken needs, with a focus on sustainability & circularity and feeding this back into the marketing and R+D development pipeline
- Proactively identify new business opportunities, monitor progress, and actively implement the outcome with customers & stakeholders to achieve maximum returns
- Organizing and giving technical presentations to specifiers, local government, and industry bodies. Lead the advocacy work in the area
- Be an active member of key technical bodies and maintain state of the art knowledge within the bitumen and asphalt industries
- Coach and support the bitumen application advisor UK/Ireland
- Manage customer claims/complaints associated with product quality
- Plan, manage and report laboratory testing and site investigations
- Support local trials & demonstration projects
What We Need from You?
To Continue The Success, We Had In The Past And We Plan For The Future, You Should Have
The energy transition process and the changes in the company requires smart working, resilience, diversity and valuing the differences of cultural perspectives.
- Extensive experience from a technical role
- High level of technical expertise in bitumen and associated industries
- A sound understanding of specifications and testing of bitumen and asphalt
- Experience of working with customers in a commercial environment
- A Learner Mindset and ability to work in a complex, changing environment
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Strong technical and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to engage internal and external stakeholders at all levels
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org