This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
December 6, 2021
Where you fit in
Shell Energy Europe Ltd (SEEL) provides business customers with innovative, reliable and cleaner energy solutions, helping them meet their energy needs and navigate through the energy transition. Shell Energy Europe is committed to meeting its sustainability and carbon reduction targets by contracting long term green energy production, thus assisting with Shell’s transition and rebalancing of its asset portfolio.
Shell is growing its power presence in the European power markets, managing a portfolio of generation assets and supplying power to end customers.
With a focus on low carbon energy sources, SEEL has engaged in long term contracts with renewable projects across Europe, bringing their output to the market and providing green electricity to a growing number of industries.
What’s The Role
The Power Team is responsible for the trading and origination of power across Europe and trading team is responsible for proprietary and structured trading; risk management across Shell’s various business channels and the management of the different assets in Shell’s portfolio.
The Continental Power Trader will help to provide the trading and origination expertise behind Shell’s growing power platform – contributing to Shell Energy Europe’s Euro ~350mln/year activities. The role is part of a 12 people power trading team, responsible for trading across Continental Europe, Southern Europe and the UK as well as the power origination team.
The successful applicant will be part of the Continental power trading team (consisting of five traders, covering activities in North-West Europe, CEE and Scandinavia) and power origination team. The focus of this role will be to grow our flex and renewable positions across all markets. The role involves successful cooperation with the marketing, sales, business development and deal structuring teams, as the power portfolio grows.
The successful applicant will have relevant trading experience, with an excellent understanding of the market fundamentals and trading dynamics. This includes detailed knowledge of the structured products as well as the renewables value chain. A background in management of thermal or renewable assets will give the applicant the necessary experience to identify and evaluate new opportunities, as well as profitably manage SEEL’s existing portfolio.
This position will be based in London, UK.
- Analysing fundamental and technical market conditions and devise and implement profitable trading strategies around these.
- Executing power trades within mandated authorities.
- Managing trading exposure with particular attention to detail
- Understanding and communicating risks being taken
- Interfacing with customers, both internally and externally.
- Enriching the funnel of structured products (VPP, physical toll, cross commodity), working closely with deal structuring
- Originating innovative deals around flexible assets in coordination with the origination team
- Grow the renewable certificate business and optimize it with the European portfolio
- Create a funnel of renewable offtake opportunities
- Sharing information/intelligence across the trading network, selflessly and efficiently in real-time
- Cultivating a reputation as a valued team player.
- Leading by example with error free work
- Observing and strictly complying with all regulatory guidelines
- Coaching & educating colleagues, including those on other teams
- Making time for innovation and discussion of growth opportunities, apportioning time appropriately between real time trading and business development
- Demonstrating safe behavior in the workplace
What We Need From You
We are targeting experienced trading professionals. You are likely to be a strong contender if you have hands on experience in the following:
- Relevant power trading experience, with focus on the NEW, CEE or Scandinavian markets.
- Asset management experience in a trading environment is a plus
- Knowledge of the European Power market fundamentals
- In-depth knowledge of market fundamentals in CEE or the Nordpool area would be a plus
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment in the wider European markets
- Market Analysis/Planning
- Commodity Price Risk Management
- Derivatives Trading/marketing – especially if it means customer contact or selling “creative” pricing propositions
- Proven track record in Trading
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com