This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
November 12, 2021
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in?
Information and Digital Engineering is the delivery backbone of Shell IDT and is the home for functional- and technical talent that drives delivery of our IDT projects, programmes, and products across all businesses in Shell. We are the ‘digital engine’ of Shell in support of our overarching “Powering Progress” strategy towards cleaner energy towards a net-zero carbon footprint.
The Enterprise Resource Management (ERM) function within Information and Digital Engineering (IDE), is responsible for the allocation of resources across the Shell IDT Hubs (Bangalore, Randstad, London and Houston), SBO Krakow, and Nearshore locations (Poland, Portugal and Spain). We collaborate across various Lines of Business, Contracting and Procurement (CP), Strategy and Planning, Project- and Program Management, Capability Center (CC) Heads and Managers, to drive effective resource management processes and practices. A fundamental pillar to this, is having the right information available, and analytics to drive insights and connecting various systems to formulate an integrated view of data, which will enable decision making across various levels of management and leadership.
What’s the Role?
The IDT Sourcing and Supplier Management Team facilitates the placement of IDT contractors and services for IDE, Information and Digital Support & Operations Enterprise Technology Delivery, and the Architecture group. . They also support Business facing IDT organisations through best practice advice on external sourcing.
In this role you are accountable for the management of all sourcing activities at tactical level for Information and Digital Engineering as well as for the functional excellence of the IT Sourcing processes across Shell IDT. You drive alignment between operational Sourcing, tactical sourcing, and the sourcing strategy.
You will lead a team of 6 Sourcing and Supplier professionals who will execute the IDT Sourcing Activities and Improvements.
You are responsible for the overall coordination of activities for IDT sourcing-related projects and supplier delivery performance improvement. You will be accountable for consistent operation and measurement of KPIs and processes across all IDT sourcing functions, identification of issues (e.g. supplier performance, staff engagement, supplier on- and offboarding), and ensuring progress against Service Level Agreements for the IDT sourcing function enterprise-wide. You will liaise with CP counterparts to agree on changes in sourcing process, supplier partnerships, performance evaluation, and rate card negotiations.
As part of the ERM Leadership Team, you will collaborate closely with others in your team to ensure smooth operations, and with others in the wider ERM team to ensure operations are driving sourcing speed, quality, and cost-effectiveness. You take appropriate action where performance deviates from agreed KPI targets.
You provide leadership, monitor performance, and identify process improvements by which benefits can be delivered and measured. You drive development and execution of plans to implement and embed the Sourcing improvements within the teams in an Agile manner.
More Specifically, Your Key Responsibilities Include
- Lead IDT Sourcing and Supplier Management team.
- Manage sourcing process across CCs and Centres of Excellence at a tactical level.
- Lead supplier market scans and supplier performance benchmarks and evaluations.
- Provide actionable supplier- and contractor data insights for the Head of Enterprise Resource Management and wider IDT Leadership.
- Manage Data Quality of Sourcing.
- Manage Sourcing Escalations (Shell- and Supplier side).
- Manage Sourcing Compliance.
- Liaising with CP counterparts to agree on changes in the sourcing process, suppliers, performance evaluation, rate card negotiations.
- Prepare materials for the Enterprise Resource Board and Quarterly Business Reviews with supplier- and IDT CIO executives.
- Build effective relationships to understand the operational and reporting needs of IDT stakeholders with regards to Sourcing.
- Monitor operations against Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Build effective relationships with suppliers to address systemic operational challenges and drive tactical interventions, aligned with CC Management.
- Drive continuous improvement in an agile manner.
- Ensure consistency of process to provide value with respect to reporting and managing against SLAs.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the operating model, service level management framework and processes.
- Ensure integration between operational processes, tactical plan, and sourcing strategy.
- Oversight of end-to-end delivery activities for Sourcing in a virtual/ global environment.
- Supplier engagement, and standard process leadership across all businesses and delivery services, according to fit-for-purpose SLAs and against varying requirements.
What we need from You?
- Experience with External Contractor Sourcing at scale.
- Experience with Supplier Management and Engagement.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- Good understanding of different project delivery frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience with Data Analysis to create actionable insights.
- Highly organized, possessing strong analytical abilities
- Good understanding and experience in working Agile.
- Experience working with Agile teams as a core/extended team member is a plus.
- Effective at issue resolution. Detail oriented yet able to look at big picture to understand broader impact.
- Knowledge of IQN, Ariba, ServiceNow and Finance ERPs.
- Strong leadership experience.
- Work with Suppliers (sales and account managers).
- Handle commercially sensitive- and confidential data.
- Work with complex data sets across different sources to create dashboards and actionable insights.
- Able to create documents and presentations for senior leadership up to Executive level.
- Responsible for the execution and administration of continuous improvement while pro-actively looking for operational and tactical synergies across hubs, across IDT organisations and across suppliers.
- Manage sourcing of 3rd party FTEs (4000+) against different contracts – contract labour, time & material, milestone based, fixed price or other types of contractual agreements.
- Management of Shell and contracting staff in multiple locations.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org