This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
December 3, 2021
Projects and Technology
Where you fit in?
IDT (Information & Digital Technology) drives business value through providing world class technical, functional, and consulting expertise to deliver the right skills, at the right time. We are the home of technical talent, growing careers, develop leading edge skills and deepening Shell business knowledge.
IDT is looking for a talented leader, with Senior Business Analyst skills, very good line management and IT team leadership capability to join the IT delivery team supporting Shell Energy IT. The team is spread across the Shell IT hubs of London, Houston and Bangalore delivering both custom built and vendor supplied applications to Shell trading businesses in Power, Gas, LNG & Environmental Products.
We are scaling up our Business Analysis Capability to support emerging markets – Shell India, China, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore & Philippines.
This role also provides a unique opportunity to utilize & further develop your BA, product/project delivery skills whilst gaining valuable line management experience of a medium/large sized IT team.
What’s the role?
The ideal candidate can work as part of a global team with a strong track record of working as part of Power/ Gas/ LNG & Environmental Products (EP) trading business focusing on trading activities. They will have knowledge of the energy commodity trading life cycle. They would have good understanding of commodity trading in Emerging Markets. They will have recent experience of delivering IT solutions to large consumers of Power, Gas, LNG and Environmental Products and the supporting business processes that enables a business to serve customer needs. Knowledge of how the Power/Gas/LNG is bought from the wholesale market via a trading division and working of Energy Trading and Risk management (ETRM) Systems like Aligne/Endur would be an advantage.
This role is 50% competency centre management:
- Define road map for the Competence Centre in collaboration with Portfolio/IT managers and drive alignment across all stakeholders.
- Build BA skills and capability to support the business delivery goals/objectives.
- Develop high performing, multi-skilled team with relevant capabilities & skills.
- Line and functional management of the resource pool within the capability center, particularly focusing on talent development, staff planning and Line of Business (LoB) intimacy.
- Perform all aspects of staff management, goal setting, development plan and succession talent pipeline.
- Perform Resource Management activities to identify & assign right people for the right projects at the right time.
- Lead, coach & mentor 10 – 15 direct reports
This role is 50% Senior or Lead BA:
- The Sr. Business Analyst is primarily responsible for leading the identification and documenting business requirements.
- Working with technical teams to determine feasible IT solution options.
- The role is focused on Energy Commodity Trading & Operations.
- There is an expectation it will encompass the end-to-end solution delivery lifecycle from idea and inception to assisting the support team, once the solution is live, with expert knowledge.
- Build strong partnership and delivery model structure with IT partners.
- Proven ability to handle broad set of IT Delivery, Support, Architecture and Strategy leaders and stakeholder
- Professional and personal development of the Shell staff in the CCM is key. This requires a strong visible leader who can inspire the staff and the broader team
- Right size the resourcing in the CCM with the core roles/skills needed, the project demand and operational/improve demand.
- Ability to lead and drive business simplification journeys – in partnership with the business interface team
What we need from you?
Alongside your extensive years of IT experience, we would be keen to see the following in your CV:
- IT BA Experience. Advantage if experiences include Power/Gas/LNG/Carbon Trading and/or ETRM Systems.
- Skilled in motivating, coaching & Developing staff. (Preferable line management/team lead experience).
- Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with significant experience in project deliverables including the ability to precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Preferably experienced in ETRM Systems (Aligne or Endur).
- Experience working in Agile project Delivery.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Learner Mindset
- Excellent Stakeholder Management
- Team player and able to collaborate, proactively communicates and shares understanding and experience within a team.
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the energy industry and energy trading.
- Comfortable talking to business users and can translate business needs into tangible user stories or requirements.
- Clear communicator and able to work in a multicultural/lingual team environment
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org