This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
January 19, 2022
Projects and Technology
What’s the Role?
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for identifying and defining the business needs of their clients and stakeholders and helping to determine solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This work is typically within a specific business area. The role may be part of an IT project development environment or an individual contributor at the business interface.
More Specifically, Your Role Will Include
- Link technical solutions with business strategy when working with business partners.
- Use knowledge of how competitors are using IT solutions to gain competitive edge to apply to projects.
- Leading stakeholder management activities. Creates opportunities to make the stakeholder feel valued and develop trust.
- Participates in team effort to create new best practice material based on identified gaps. Serves as an SME for specific tools, techniques, or business areas.
- Volunteers for community leadership roles. Supports the regional networks through leading activities, presenting topics, and coaching others.
- Participates in industry IT BA related activities such as IIBA webcasts and/or chapter meetings and applies learnings within Shell including sharing of learnings.
What we need from you?
Beyond That, We’d Hope To See As Many Of The Following On Your CV
We are keen to hear from candidates with substantial years of experience in Business Analysis and knowledge in Business Analysis techniques and tools.
- Agile project experience.
- Dominant experience in retail site systems & Fleets Domain.
- Strong Retail domain – Thorough understanding of all E2E retail business processes and good understanding of Fleets Business and specifically in the Telematics domain.
- Understanding of the API based integration (Restful, SOAP), SOA architecture and the implementation challenges in the global retail organizations.
- Functional Mapping of Business requirements to the solution.
- Thorough understanding of transformation technologies such as XML, JSON, CSV and cloud computing.
- Understanding of Cloud Azure, infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, routers, and Software as a Service model.
- Experience in Integration flows, Data flows and Data Fields Mapping between systems.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Knowledge of the technology landscape including current and future developments and the most commonly available products and integrated solutions, or a demonstrated ability to learn it.
- Ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail.
- Able to act as a focal point for a specialized area (technical or business)
- Demonstrates a concern and aptitude for considering the user’s perspective in IT development. and has a deep understanding of user aspects of interactive systems.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly.
- Has comprehensive understanding of business process related to Retail processes
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com