This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Information Technology (IT)
Posting Start Date
January 6, 2022
Projects and Technology
What’s the role?
The role of the Technical Consultant is to manage, lead and maximize the value of the technical consultant team in Mobility (Retail) Business Analysis Capability Centre within Design Engineering.
The role will focus on defining, delivering, and evolving solutions for Retail Digital CVPs and Innovation in line with Shell Retail Strategy.
The primary focus of the role is to serve as an end-to-end Techno-functional expert for Retail technology landscape – whilst working across both Heritage and Future platforms and products. The role is key to defining the Future solution in terms of evolving Digital landscape and making it de-facto standard, perform functional vendor evaluation, design and deployment in markets.
In the spirit of continuous improvement, the person should be able to envision how things may work better and/or differently; i.e. understanding the ‘art of the possible’. Key skills and competences for a successful candidate are strong techno-functional background in Mobility/Retail, Stakeholder management (including suppliers), Agile ways of working, influencing without direct authority, and end-2-end product lifecycle visibility. This role will work in a fast-paced environment where learning from failure is an essential capability as are creativity and perseverance.
This Position Has The Following Accountabilities
- Own the technical product roadmap for the assigned portfolio and/or market.
- Responsible for the successful planning and delivery of the team where success criteria include alignment to Shell Retail IT strategic architecture: methods, tools and technology. All new solutions must be considered how they fit into Retail IT long-term, strategic business, methodology, and IT plans.
- Responsible for assuring functional design, resolves technical design issues and is accountable for solution design decision making.
- Acts as product SME for Supplier or internal delivery teams, have a seat on QBRs, drives the product evolution in markets and also provides the Shell view of demand to Suppliers.
- Close alignment with Business and IT Manager teams to align on product roadmap, demand pipeline, capacity and capability requirements.
- Ability to coach and mentor wider CC team – Play a key role in elevating the overall CC capabilities around Business domain and product knowledge.
- Point of escalation for issues which adversely affect platform/product performance, design or functionalities.
- Responsible to ensure compliance to Data Privacy and Anti-Trust legislation.
- Working in a highly competitive business environment with other team members, Architects, business stakeholders, and Retail site operators is a special challenge that requires a great deal of flexibility and understanding.
- Strong leadership, sound analytical skill and change management capabilities to work independently on transformation, improvement initiatives, liaising effectively with senior stakeholders and vendors on complex problems etc.
- Describe technology in terms easily understood by business customers and set realistic customer expectations for the project outcome. Adjust customer expectations in accordance with changes in scope.
- Generate innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build trust and understand their goals, motivations, constraints, risks, and operating environment.
What we need from you?
- Extensive IT experience with a background as a Technical Lead/Solution architect/Technical Consultant.
- Minimum Education or Certification: Graduation from reputed engineering college.
- Strong Retail domain (Loyalty, fuel and non-fuel product management and inventory, Retailer billing, fuel pricing, payments and Retail site operations).
- Hands-on during solutioning to maximize speed to market of ideas.
- Experience working in Fuels or Grocery Retail a plus.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com