This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
External Relations (and IC)
Posting Start Date
January 18, 2022
HR Corporate Functions
Where you fit in
The global Editorial team is part of the Corporate Relations function at Shell. Editorial is staffed by former journalists who have worked for some of the world’s leading publications and broadcast networks. We write speeches and articles, including long-form social media posts, for the CEO, Chairman and Executive Committee; we edit and write Shell’s major reports; and we manage, edit and write digital content for our global website, Shell.com. We also produce content for our award-winning creative digital story channel, Inside Energy, and we produce The Energy Podcast.
What’s the role?
As An Editor, You Are Expected To
- Write articles for senior leaders, such as op-ed pieces and LinkedIn long-form posts, and speeches if needed.
- Generate, produce, and edit digital content for Shell.com, including our Inside Energy story channel.
- Write or edit media-related content such as media releases.
- Edit key business reports.
- Co-develop, write and/or edit business and thematic narratives.
- Do a range of other editorial tasks as needed.
- Edit the Annual Report to a high standard, ensuring consistent quality and clarity and working closely with Group Reporting, Investor Relations, Legal and business Leads.
- Develop and write the Chair’s letter to shareholders and the CEO’s introduction to the report.
More Specifically, Your Key Accountabilities And Qualities Include
- Capacity to build and maintain a deep understanding of Shell’s businesses, especially their financial and operational challenges and opportunities, coupled with the ability and professional interest to constantly refine this understanding.
- Develop and maintain a strong awareness of external reputational expectations and perceptions of Shell and the energy industry.
- Ability to gain the trust of colleagues and leadership across teams.
- Strong team player with ability to work across cultures and diverse backgrounds and virtual teams.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines.
- Ability to translate complex technical and non-technical matters into easily understood messages.
What We Need From You
- Strong and proven skills in editing and writing (in native-level English), in creative story and digital content development, and in delivering quality content to meet deadlines.
- Proven track record in mainstream news, financial or business journalism, digital and/or print.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural corporate environment an advantage.
- Ability to gain the trust of senior leaders.
- Self-starter showing high degree of personal initiative, drive, stamina, and desire to improve Shell’s reporting quality and clarity, as well as keenness to generate and produce high-quality digital content.
- Ability to accept feedback in a positive manner, listen to the ideas of others, and incorporate them to achieve the best results.
Shell started operations in the UK more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, while using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping to meet one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, while managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell plays their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com