This listing is about Shell in London, England, United Kingdom
About the job
, United Kingdom
Job Family Group
Posting Start Date
January 20, 2022
What’s the role?
- Support maintenance of current analytical capabilities of the team
- Develop new analytical capabilities for the team (preference to be able to code using python or at very least strong with excel)
- Convert data from multiple sources into trade ideas. Develop and present custom/ regular reports
- Prepare reports and analysis while illustrating data with graphs and translating complex results into output that are clear and understandable
- Develop new analytical Models for the trading desk to manage physical and paper freight trading positions in support of the freight team goals/targets, while also utilising paper trading tools for exposure management
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures for reporting and analyzing freight P&L
- Establish a strong understanding of PnL drivers and perform variance analysis
- Adhoc analysis as requested by management on key MI data
- Systems of record must at all times be kept fully updated for accruals and other post fixture /voyage related costs or revenue
- Close contact must be maintained with the finance, compliance and shipping teams to ensure trading practices are correct and compliant
The Crude Freight Trading Team is required to charter crude and refinery feedstock in cargo sizes of 25kt up to and 350kt. This will include spot, CVC, COA and Time Charter activities, as well as Freight Trading both in the physical and paper markets. Analytics(market and P&L are an important component of the Freight Trading role, and development/utilization of the information is key to our success.
What we need from you?
It is essential that you can show you are a self-starter and can work well as part of a team. That candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills due to extensive interaction with both internal and external customers. The candidate should be able to show evidence of growth in previous roles to demonstrate the ability to contribute to analysis and book building.
Candidate Should Also Have The Below Mentioned Skills
- Be proficient in use of Excel in being able to process data including proficiency in VBA
- Ability to multitask well and work under deadlines
- Strong background in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Strong numerical skills
- Keen interest in understanding E2E value drivers through life cycle of a deal
- Awareness of SAP would be an advantage
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com